Labadee

I have a question about Labadee. RCCL is renting "beach lounger for 2".

From what i have read they are strategically placed on Adrenaline Beach which is quite rocky and shallow, not really good to spend time in the water.

We were there several years ago and was able to rent a "clamshell" on Columbus Cove beach when we arrived early after we arrived at Labadee.

I am wondering if can we still rent a clamshell in the Columbus Cove area once we arrive or is the only way to get one is to rent one as an excursion which would put us on Adrenaline Beach?

What is Nellie's Beach & Barefoot Beach like? Can we rent clamshells on either of these beaches when we arrive. If we can't rent clamshells on a beach other than Adrenaline Beach which nice sandy beach has a good amount of shade?

Not sure what the beach is called but it is right in front of the spot where the BBQ lunch is served. There are a few trees that offer shade but you gotta arrive there very first thing to snag those spots. We were there in December and it was great. It is past Nellies Beach, past Columbus Cove, you go over that little bridge way past the pricy water toys and continue walking to the very end (as I say right across from the BBQ). Water is perfect. View of the ship is perfect. Bring your own water toy (blow up pool seater and you will have a great time). We did this and it was perfect. Did not have to rent anything at all. What a lovely day.

Alternative to renting a clamshell: Buy one for yourself. They sell them at Academy Sports, and you can order them from Amazon. They fold up small -- about the size of a camp chair -- and they fit into a long over-the-shoulder bag. For the price of one rental, you can have a clamshell that you can put anywhere you please.