Lodging in the Bronx near Yankee Stadium

boang1971

The OP has questions on two threads going and as a result is getting scattered answers. Apparently driving from Maine is one option and flying is another. The OP needs to put his or her cards on the table to describe the considerations for the trip including exact dates, number of people, hotel/parking budget, and sightseeing requirements in order to get reasoned responses from all contributors. Folks answering one-off questions is not going to help the OP develop a big picture strategy and solution.

We are considering both options, flying and driving, but it appears that flying will be a lot more convenient and cost about the same. I am not a city girl and honestly the subway intimidates me a little bit. Narrowing down the choices at this point. Thank you all for your help!

It’s fine to drive into NYC, the tricky part is driving in the city. Don’t forget to include the tolls along the way if you decide. We drove from Dover, Maine to NYC and the tolls were something like $22.00 one way and about 18.00 going back to Maine. Once we arrived in NYC we parked the car several blocking from an apartment we rented. I checked the internet in advance and found a good deal on a parking garage. We paid $45.00 for four days. We seen other garage parking spots charging over $100.00.

We used the underground subway (train) to get anywhere we wanted to go. We stayed near Central Park and took the train to the bronx and got off on the stop for Yankee Stadium. It was about a 10 minute train ride. I would say from leaving the apt to getting to Yankee Stadium was 30 minutes total time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much

Well, it would be a great "New York" experience driving to the game. Fun NY traffic to and from the game as well. The subway, both the elevated 4 and the underground B/D, move the crowds efficiently and fast to and from the game. Extra subway trains are added to both lines at the end of the game.

MetroNorth as well, might be less crowded but you are paying more.

I always take the subway to and from Yankee games, from Brooklyn as well.

As to driving, I would not drive into the Bronx and the stadium.

I would just make it easier and avoid that.

Just my two cents.

Keith

Also parking at one of the Stadium lots costs $30 and up based on how close you are to the Stadium