Mercury Bookings

C 2 C

I was looking through Mercury bookings for January through March and all sailings are closed. I called Captain's Club and was told the sailings were "red-flagged" and after ten minutes on hold that this might just be computer maintenance.... until tomorrow. Has anyone had this experience before?

Please keep us posted on what is happening with Mercury. I have never heard of being red-flagged--but then again, that really doesn't mean much. Where did you you find this information??

Thanks for sharing your information.....:confused:

It's possible. I haven't checked the sailings myself, but it's definitely possible.

RCI & CEL have color coded "flagging" systems to indicate the availability of cabins on a sailing. When it's Red, good luck getting on board.

With the popularity of cruising these days, the demand for cabins around the world is at 102% of available capacity... more and more cruise lines are rewarding those that book early with discounted fares and other incentives. Not only that, but you get to choose your cabin ensure to be on board your sailing of choice.

It may take some time for some to adjust their planning time, but the sooner passengers realize that trying to book within a few months of departure is not a good idea, the better.

but the sooner passengers realize that trying to book within a few months of departure is not a good idea, the better.

In September we booked the Constellation crossing 2 weeks before departure... got a fantastic rate as well. Transatlantics are usually a safe bet. Other sailings normally get more expensive the closer the sailing date.

We are already on the Feb 13 sailing and just wanted to extend our holiday.

The Celebrity web site still does not allow bookings on the Mercury as of this time.. 7:00 am

Seems like the Celebrity Booking site is up and running. They did change the depature times for the 11 day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Mercury to 5 pm, While checking the site I did notice a change in the configuation of the graphics maybe that is why the site was down.

Archived