FTTF and Deluxe Suite question

jsf1980

We have booked a deluxe suite and also purchased faster to the the fun. I was under the impression that with both of those we would be able to check in and board when we wanted but then I had to set a check in time so now I’m confused. Can someone give me some details on how the boarding will be with FTTF and with priority from the suite? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is FTTF necessary when you have a suite already? It's my understanding that it's already included as part of the suite. We board Pride a week tomorrow, have a suite, and when I printed our boarding passes yesterday we show as "Priority" boarding...and I most certainly didn't purchase FTTF.

Is FTTF necessary when you have a suite already? It's my understanding that it's already included as part of the suite. We board Pride a week tomorrow, have a suite, and when I printed our boarding passes yesterday we show as "Priority" boarding...and I most certainly didn't purchase FTTF.

You do get Priority boarding but you don’t have your cabin ready, Priority GS line, or Priority luggage delivery. If those things are important to you then you will need FTTF.

You do get Priority boarding but you don’t have your cabin ready, Priority GS line, or Priority luggage delivery.

Fair enough, but none of that is worth the additional cost to me. Priority boarding, I am looking forward to, but from what I can gather, that seems to be the one and only perk for being in a suite on CCL.

Fair enough, but none of that is worth the additional cost to me. Priority boarding, I am looking forward to, but from what I can gather, that seems to be the one and only perk for being in a suite on CCL.

There are more but I personally like the things that FTTF has. I understand they aren’t important to everyone, though. Suite perks on Carnival are pretty pitiful compared to other lines.

Suite perks on Carnival are pretty pitiful compared to other lines.

Indeed. We are trying CCL for the first time and I had to laugh that even though we are in a suite we get the blue "First timer card of shame", LOL.

At least on RCI you get a Gold card when you're in a suite, regardless of your status. ;)

It is not worth the $$$$

I just read it is $79 for a 8 day cruise. Only 2 ports. Not interested in priority for tender shops. Have a suite so I get priority boarding in Captains Lounge. I will save for another night in steak house.

Have a suite so I get priority boarding in Captains Lounge.

Only if you have a certain status level, suite aside...as I understand it anyways.

Edit: Ok, looks like captains lounge is included for *anyone* in a suite regardless of status level? And I see references to "suites" and "deluxe suites"...is there a difference, kind of like how RCI has "Suites" and "Junior Suites"?

It's all very unclear to me.... Priority boarding I like. Captains lounge access because we're in a suite, bonus. ;)

Edit 2: Looks like no captains lounge at the port of Baltimore. Sad face.

Edited by Oshawapilot

So, this being our first cruise on CCL vs our regular RCI, another question with regards to FTTF.

As I understand it one of the big things with FTTF is your stateroom is ready as soon as you board, and you get priority boarding.

We are in a suite, so we will get priority boarding as I understand it, but no other FTTF privileges like having our stateroom ready early?

So, on RCI, until such time that all the staterooms are ready, they keep the doors closed and locked so passengers can't even get into the stateroom corridors.

I'm assuming since FTTF passengers will be able to access their staterooms immediately upon boarding, and many will be boarding at the same time as us...that the stateroom corridors are not closed off like RCI does?

So, this being our first cruise on CCL vs our regular RCI, another question with regards to FTTF.

As I understand it one of the big things with FTTF is your stateroom is ready as soon as you board, and you get priority boarding.

We are in a suite, so we will get priority boarding as I understand it, but no other FTTF privileges like having our stateroom ready early?

So, on RCI, until such time that all the staterooms are ready, they keep the doors closed and locked so passengers can't even get into the stateroom corridors.

I'm assuming since FTTF passengers will be able to access their staterooms immediately upon boarding, and many will be boarding at the same time as us...that the stateroom corridors are not closed off like RCI does?

I wondered the same thing bc every Carnival cruise we’ve been on they had the entire corridor blocked off. So wondering how we will be able to go ahead and access room??

I wondered the same thing bc every Carnival cruise we’ve been on they had the entire corridor blocked off. So wondering how we will be able to go ahead and access room??

Indeed - "Your stateroom is ready as soon as you board" and "The stateroom corridors don't open for hours until after you've boarded" don't seem to work together.

There are more but I personally like the things that FTTF has..

I enjoy it also. I like it for tender ports. I've cruised 2x and had FTTF once with HMC being a tender port. I have my upcoming cruise in July. Everyone has their opinion on FTTF.

They have signs like this on the doors

Aha, thank you for the insight. Makes sense.

So, just clarifying, suites get no priority so far as room turnover unless you're FTTF or diamond/platinum or above?

I'm patient, but just clarifying. :)

Aha, thank you for the insight. Makes sense.

So, just clarifying, suites get no priority so far as room turnover unless you're FTTF or diamond/platinum or above?

I'm patient, but just clarifying. :)

Correct

Carnival starts boarding early, around 11:30 YMMV. There is no way the steward can get all those Suites finished by boarding.

The hallway doors are closed but if you have FTTF you can go ahead and go thru to your cabin...if you are on one of the ships that have the new S&S procedures then you will get your S&S key card for your cabin door...if not then you cannot get into your cabin until about 1:30 typically

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app