Past Cruiser/New Experience

badge454

We will be traveling on the Mariner the 1st week of April. We will be going as a group of 10. My family of four, my sister and her family of four, and my parents. This will be my parents first cruise and my sister's first RCCL cruise. On the Mariner what are some of the must see and do things? I know that we need to do the Ice Show and Jonny Rockets, ect... What should we try to accomplish from the more than 5 completed cruise group. Thanks for your assistance...I can not wait to see my parents reaction to the ship.

B454

Some of the cool things on Mariner are just the ship itself. There's a helipad deck up front. You get there by going out deck 4 forward, and up the stairs to the helipad. Great sailaway location. Also, there's an observatory that looks down into the bridge. That would be on deck 11 (bridge is on 10).

Also, the artwork around the ship is fantastic. I am not an art person at all, but I spent several hours walking around looking at the art and stuff. Go down all 4 stairwells from the very top - and walk each deck level. There's a deck with an aviation theme, one with a train theme, one with a boating theme - so worth the time exploring. The wing-walking Barbies and the Elephants in the desert are my two favorites - you'll have to explore to find them!

Archived