Breakaway vrs Athhem

The Anthem leaves out of Bayonne, NJ...not NY.

I have been on both the Anthem and the Breakaway. Both are good ships and not knowing anything about you or what you are looking for, it is difficult to choose. Do you have children?

The Breakaway pool and pool area is sooooo small. The Anthem is a "winterized" ship with an enclosed pool area for the cold weather and another pool open to the sky. The Anthem, in my opinion has many more activities for the young and old.

Do some research and read, read, read before making a decision.

I have been on both and they both have their perks. Can you share a little about yourself or what you are looking for?

If going in the winter (say November to March) I would say Anthem hands down. It is made for the cold. A huge family indoor pool and a large adult only indoor area. The seaplex is a great family/teen/adult space for all weather as well.

The breakaway for kids/young teens has the high ropes and mini golf which is great, but not when it is snowing ;)

Breakaway has drink promo which could save you a few hundred potentially depending on your sailing, or the dining promo which could also save some money. We didn't do any specialty dining on either ship and would say Breakaway had better complimentary options.

It is all dependent on what you are looking for in a holiday. Neither is a bad choice!