Flam - docking times

msk1955

Apologies!

The site, that I have relied on in the past, only shows Aruora in port on the 7th June.

However taking the information given on this thread, and looking elsewhere, Black Watch is due in Flaam on the same day and it appears to be before us.clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727

https://aurlandhavn.no/cruise-2/ship-arrivals-2018

Aurora berthed BW anchor

It's hard with bookings, you don't want to miss out, but on my itinerary for both our PO Azura cruises they only show as early morning or early evening for example, no actual times. The PO excursions aren't available yet, and I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't be available until well after we have left to start our holiday ( we leave about 2.5 months before the two cruises which we end on.). One thing I niticed about NCL they opened their shore toyrs a lot earlier, which was good. But oh well different cruise line different rules, but would be nice to have estimated times at least, so could make private bookings instead.

It's hard with bookings, you don't want to miss out, but on my itinerary for both our PO Azura cruises they only show as early morning or early evening for example, no actual times. The PO excursions aren't available yet, and I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't be available until well after we have left to start our holiday ( we leave about 2.5 months before the two cruises which we end on.). One thing I niticed about NCL they opened their shore toyrs a lot earlier, which was good. But oh well different cruise line different rules, but would be nice to have estimated times at least, so could make private bookings instead.

click link in post 26 or 27 above

Thank you Sogne - excellent idea, I will do that for each port, then I will have an idea of when they should be in port. Thank you��

You might find this site useful

(I've pulled up what may be your sailing but if not start by Googling cruisecal.com then follow the instructions below)

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryPrint/tabid/2919/Default.aspx?sailID=CarnUK/A718

If you open it up go to:

Itinerary look up

Select your ship then its sailing calendar comes up

Select 'view' for your sailing date and all the port times are displayed as well as other ships in port

If you click on those, it gives their port times too.

It's a bit quicker than finding each port authority separately. Although I've found it pretty accurate for P&O berthing times there may be changes to the ships in port. For example on the Azura date I picked up with Flam on the itinerary it didn't show any other ship in. It's worked well for us but for someone wanting to book the train for example it maybe worth double checking those ports via individual port authority sites. But I've found the site above very useful for our docking times and to give an indication of how congested ports may be - with the knock on pressure on local transport and tourist sites.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have had confirmation from P&O that we arrive at 8 a.m. However, no word as to whether we tender or dock, so a 9.45 train journey (the only time available) might be a bit risky if we have to tender ashore. Am leaning towards booking the trip with P&O (against my better judgement) just to be sure we don't miss out completely.

Now, I may be wrong about this, but I'm sure that on the Flam railway website you can pay a small insurance premium in case you can't make the train.

We find that on a Norway cruise it is very easy to book excursions direct with the local operators and save a considerable amount of money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have had confirmation from P&O that we arrive at 8 a.m. However, no word as to whether we tender or dock, so a 9.45 train journey (the only time available) might be a bit risky if we have to tender ashore. Am leaning towards booking the trip with P&O (against my better judgement) just to be sure we don't miss out completely.

You will have plenty of time to do the 9.45 train. We did the Fjords last year, although not Flam and we were on time every port. We go again this year and have Flam but the only availability for the train is 7.30.