Jewel of the Sea - July 8, 2018 Meditteranean Cruise

mbc7198

Hi, I'm a platinum Royal Carribean member and like the perks that come with it. My husband and I are 57, 53 we are looking into this cruise with our two young adults 22 and 18. We have been on a lot of ships in addition to Royal (Princess & Norweign), but have not tried Celebrity just yet.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? I'm getting ready to make a decision but thought I would ask Cruise Critic. (I just joined)

I know it's older, but not looking for a meg ship. We decided to try Celebrity when we are alone without our young adults.

Any input on private excursions would be appreciated too.

Thank you for your help!

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic! You will find great people and lots of helpful info here!;) The Jewel is a beautiful ship with lots of glass, which allows for great ocean views just about everywhere on the ship!:cool: I am sure some other CC members will chime in to help you with your current questions. You may want to consider joining your informal roll call here on CC to chat with your fellow cruisers going on the Jewel the same week as you! Click on the site below, find your cruise week, and join the discussion! At this time, I only found July 1st, so you can join that discussion for now and keep looking for your specific week to pop up! Hope you and family have a wonderful cruise!!:D

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=263

Hi, I'm a platinum Royal Carribean member and like the perks that come with it. My husband and I are 57, 53 we are looking into this cruise with our two young adults 22 and 18. We have been on a lot of ships in addition to Royal (Princess & Norweign), but have not tried Celebrity just yet.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? I'm getting ready to make a decision but thought I would ask Cruise Critic. (I just joined)

I know it's older, but not looking for a meg ship. We decided to try Celebrity when we are alone without our young adults.

Any input on private excursions would be appreciated too.

Thank you for your help!

Superb choice for a ship. I just did this itinerary on Jewel in September.

5 ports in 7 days you will definitely be busy touring and site seeing. Not many reviews on this itinerary here on this forum. Thoughts on tours, what to do/see with lots of photos in the review links below.

Live review here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53980638&highlight=Trottel+Beach+in+Ajaccio#post53980638

Post cruise review

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54202338&highlight=Day+1+of+2nd+cruise#post54202338

Re the ship (not the ports) pros and cons:

• Pros: superb layout, best public space to passenger ratio, great food/service (on my sailings anyways), lots of glass/views from inside the ship, great sitelines outside to view sail-ins and sail-aways (helipad, rear Windjammer open seating area), just enough nightly events so as not to be overwhelming for the early wake-up for tours, great nightclub up at the Viking Crown for your young adults if they choose.
  • Cons: not many. Entertainment (headliner shows, "B"-list Royal Caribbean singers and dancers compared to the flagships like Harmony and Oasis) may be hit or miss

Have fun planning :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are also Platinum with RCI.

We were on Royal Princess last Oct for a 10 day Med cruise.

We will be on Jewel this Oct for a 9 day Greek Isles cruise. We were on the Radiance (sister ship) for her inaugural season. Great ship!

On the Med cruses you only get 2 sea days so there's not much time to fully enjoy the ship. There were places on Royal Princess we never got to. We are looking foreward to being on a Radiance class ship again!

Hi! We were just I. The Jewel in January and enjoyed it very much. Our itinerary included St Croix, St Martin ( which still showed much storm damage), Martinique, Barbados and Grenada. On each island we either toured on foot, hired a taxi for a 4 hour tour, or used the Hop On/Off bus to sightsee. The ship itself was lovely, many nice bars for enjoying a drink some quiet some lively. My Time dining was easy to do and both food and service were great. The only con I found was the El Gaucho show, so hokey we were still laughing days later. I hope you have as much fun as we did!

Sent from my iPad using Forums