Drop in max passenger count on marella discovery - formerly known as splendor of the

Hey this is a bit of a random question but does anyone know the reason why this ship ( formerly royal caribbeans splendor of the seas ) now opperated by marella is shown to have over 200 less passengers on board. When it was splendor of the seas it had 2076 passengers and now marella shows it as 1830. Just interested in the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably because Royal Caribbean quoted the total number of passengers and Marella quoted the number of cabins x 2 passengers per cabin. Also there were some cabin changes like 30 single cabins rather than doubles.

according to Wiki splendour had 2076 passengers in 902 cabins.

Yes, as Dave says above, capacity is often quoted at double-occupancy rates. P&O give a "Normal Operating Capacity", which for Azura & Ventura for instance is 3100. At full occupancy however they take almost 3600. I am just back off Discovery 2 (previously Legend OTS) and I must say she felt quite crowded a lot of the time.

Ah i see, good to know, i was just generally interested. I really hope discovery 1 isnt too crowded when we are on her from 25th feb, i really dont like having to lap the deck trying to find a lounger :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums