Cruise Elegant Night (Carnival Pride) - What to wear?

locarakko

Yort, post is well stated, very respectful. I would just take serious exception to the highlited part above....For guys, that consists of a pair of dress slacks, a collared shirt and a pair of dress shoes. That is what, $80 if you bought that new....Some people will say "i dont own dress clothes" or even better " i cant afford to go out and buy new clothes"....Do they really want to argue they can afford a $1000 - $4000 for a cruise but cant spend $80 for what Carnival considers "Formal Wear"....nah, sorry, i aint buying that line ;)

I should have elaborated a bit. One of the groups were an obvious inner city group who were onboard as recipients of some sort of charity (Not Make A Wish, but something similar--I don't recall the name on the shirts). And I overheard one of the younger kids saying she didn't own a dress. My point was that there may be some onboard who simply can't afford or don't have what we may consider formal clothes (even khakis apparently). I wasn't insinuating that someone who could afford a $5k cruise can't buy a golf shirt. ;)