Pacific Princess 4/26/06 Islands of the Pacific Theater

DonahCBrown

We'll be in Brisbane for a day and are considering tours of Stadbroke, a wildlife/eco tour or just going on our own. How easy/difficult is Brisbane to do "on your own" from the cruise port using public transportation? The Frommer's write up makes it sound pretty straightforward, and we HAVE done the trains in Italy without getting too lost.:)

Donna

there is no cruise port in Brisbane. I think they usually provide shuttle busses that go into the city. Brisbane is fairly easy to get around in but then I live here :-) When Pacific Princess pulled into Brizzie last, it tied up at the grain terminal. We drove out to have a look because we were going on the next cruise when she docked back in Sydney. Gayle:)

Mummsi

We docked in Brisbane, 9-00, on last voyage of Sky Princess before she became Pacific Sky.

We docked I thought fairly close to the city, somewhere near a horse race track. Would that be the same as the grain terminal dock?

I do remember that the horses there ran the opposite way they run in the US.

The local veteran's hall hosted a cocktail party for some of us US veterans on that trip - which was a Pacific Theater WWII cruise.

Archived