What's Club Referral Bonus?

Oceanbabyblue

I use the laundry service because I send my luggage on ahead and then, on day one, send some items for pressing. I also use the laundry for other cotton washables during a longer trip. They do a lovely job.

One thing about laundry costs which is very annoying is that when I send some cotton t-shirts (no collars and often sleeveless) I have to pay the price ($4.00) for a women's blouse and yet there is a man's sport shirt category that is $2.75! These tees do not need special care. I tried listing my tees under that category and it was corrected. It's not really about the money but the principle. I have commented on it, but nothing has changed.

I have very few issues with anything on Seabourn but this one frosts me!

I use the laundry service because I send my luggage on ahead and then, on day one, send some items for pressing. I also use the laundry for other cotton washables during a longer trip. They do a lovely job.

One thing about laundry costs which is very annoying is that when I send some cotton t-shirts (no collars and often sleeveless) I have to pay the price ($4.00) for a women's blouse and yet there is a man's sport shirt category that is $2.75! These tees do not need special care. I tried listing my tees under that category and it was corrected. It's not really about the money but the principle. I have commented on it, but nothing has changed.

I have very few issues with anything on Seabourn but this one frosts me!

I noticed the women's cleaning costs seemed to be higher than the men's but I believe the price differential is, unfortunately, prevalent at land-based cleaners as well. Supposedly women's blouses don't fit properly on the shirt press so they have to be ironed by hand, but a T-shirt doesn't need to be ironed so $4 is ridiculous. I would be tempted to wash them in the sink!

I was pleasantly surprised, however, that it only cost $1.75 (if memory serves me correctly) to dry clean my silk tie after it decided it wanted to try a couple of drops of my soup.:p That is less than what I pay at home. I used the laundry/dry cleaning service twice and was pleased with it. Both times I left the dirty clothes in the bag on the bed before turndown and the clean clothes were returned the next afternoon using the standard service. The express service wouldn't have been any quicker.

As far as your credit, there were several wines on the "pay" list which were very reasonably priced. I thought the house wines could use a slight improvement, even the champagne (I would choose Piper over the Monopole Blue Top). None of them were truly bad (except the white zinfandel) but I found none of them really "full-bodied" either. Nevertheless, I think the best use of a credit would be on a shore excursion or at the spa for a massage. If I would have gotten my "massage moment on deck" before the last day of the cruise, I probably would have booked a full hour!

>" but I believe the price differential is, unfortunately, prevalent at land-based cleaners as well."

There have been several legal decisions that has changed the inequality of pricing for similar items, but I imagine it still goes on. I like them pressed and folded. Also, I don't think the cotton tees would dry very quickly despite Miss M's balloon method. I always send a thank you note to the laundry crew on each cruise.

I have found, however, that I can go through my onboard credit with ease!

Archived