Rental Car? Anchorage.

kathyemma

We are on a sea/land tour. We arrive with HAL to Anchorage on 6/5. Our tour with HAL ends on 6/6. We are staying until almost midnight on 6/8. Should we rent a car? It comes to about $400 with taxes and fees. Or can we easily get where we want to go with uber and cabs? Are there things an hour away that we must see? (Must see items for us are wildlife and bars.)

TIA

Kathy

What activities are you doing with HAL? I don't want to recommend a "must see" if you are already doing it on your tour.

Rental car: have you checked with picking up off-airport? And are you a Costco, AAA or USAA member? We've gotten discounts through their travel departments.

What activities are you doing with HAL? I don't want to recommend a "must see" if you are already doing it on your tour.

Rental car: have you checked with picking up off-airport? And are you a Costco, AAA or USAA member? We've gotten discounts through their travel departments.

I am a member of all those groups! Prices were from Avis, downtown.

We are actually doing nothing with HAL in Anchorage. We get in the night of the 5th. I guess the tour technically end the morning of the 6th when they would be taking us to the airport. So we have three full days in Anchorage.

Kathy

Just booked a rental car for 270 for three full days! I have to go to the airport to pick it up - but since we will be leaving from the airport it will make for a convenient return.

I am going to start researching day trips for anchorage.

Any suggestions are welcome. Wildlife is key.