What is there for children over 11?

We’ve booked a cruise on the Explorer in August. I’ve struggled to find much information on kids clubs and activities on the ship. My children will be 10 and 12 at the time on sailing.

We’ve previously cruised with Disney & Royal Carribean who both had lots of groups for kids according to their age right up to late teens obviously with more freedom etc as they get older.

Looking at Marella it seems that things for kids stop at 11. Can any previous cruisers help with how their children have enjoyed the cruises? My kids like the pools, shows etc but just wonder if the 12 year old might get a bit bored & the 10 year old won’t want to go to any clubs if her brother is always with us.

Don't know about Explorer but our grandchildren, also 10 & 12, have been on Discovery and had a great time, loved the pool, golf games room etc and the, controlled, freedom of the daytime snacks. They also enjoyed the dressing up for the evening meal and entertainment. Some children get a bad press but IMO its not them its the parents giving them free reign. Hope all goes well and you have a good cruise.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app