MSC Seaside Babycare

Katie330

If anybody has any experience with Seaside’s babycare program, I would love to hear about it! I have received a lot of conflicting information between the website and the phone CSRs. The hours of availability are unclear (phone rep told me different hrs than website) and I am still unsure if drop off care is available when the ship is at port. The phone rep told me that you can hire a babysitter to come to your room to babysit between 11pm and 2am for $6/hr but I could not confirm this anywhere on their website (I would probably not feel comfortable utilizing this service, but I am just curious about it)...one phone rep told me cribs are “first-come, first-serve” and could only be booked onboard while a different rep told me I could reserve a crib when booking. We are looking to cruise in May with a 1 year old, and it would be nice to have some concrete answers before booking!!

There is definitely under 3 year old baby care on the ship. Here is a flier from a previous Seaside cruise and here and here are two others. They are from the Questions about Seaside thread. The reviews I've read said they give you a phone to carry around the ship so they can call you if needed for the baby group. They close up the nursery at 11 PM at the latest so you would have to pay someone for anything later than that. I have not seen anyone say they used a private sitter but I did see someone answer a question about the Seaside Yacht Club by saying you could arrange a late night sitter for fee in your cabin via the Concierge desk there. I have no idea if this is also available in cabins not in the Yacht Club.

It would be good to know for us as well. Sailing in March. I called in last week and spoke to John (down in Ft Lauderdale) and he reserved us a crib and a booster seat for the dining room. Same guy who booked us back in April last year and he remembered us.

For the last few cruises Baby Care has basically been during lunch and dinner.

11am-1pm and again from 5pm-8pm.

Everything in between is Baby Time where a caregiver must stay with the child.

I was told by a few people that there is no babysitting in staterooms available. Multiple sources have told me that they've asked onboard and been told no.

On the up-side, there is no charge for Baby Care like there is on other cruise lines!

We saw baby menus for the dining room in a youtube video. I don't remember if it was for Seaside or another MSC ship, but I would think it would be across their entire line if they offer it. Has anyone had experience with this? We have a 7 month old travelling in our group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...