Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

They offer for an up-charge many Starbuck coffee drinks..

d6ee4ccf435188fdede3a41f98ab1c1a.jpg

80d245542d336f9a2f12d5e95d7921cf.jpg

d295f70d5ae8cc32045dc4b56934821f.jpg

Additionally the offer pastries and such for an additional cost

Looks way yummy...

a1ff88000197e2f5afa46957ef35908e.jpg

4d5da4ef6f396b77c25a20c497e75498.jpg

f000d137d1ae1de69d48978f5f6266cf.jpg

Is Starbucks Included with Drink Package ( refreshment package ) ?

REFRESHMENT PACKAGE

Do it! Med Cruises are a blast. Port intensive but very fun.

We're definitely going to book it, just waiting for Disney to release their summer 2019 itineraries. :)

My BIL really wants to visit Monaco, so most likely we're going to pick the 7 night Western Mediterranean itinerary from Barcelona (Naples, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Villefranche).

I'm on her next week with my husband and 2 year old! Looking forward to following along with your live. We are attempting Disney when at Port Canaveral :)

Have a blast! Disney was packed today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you both had a wonderful day. Sailing Harmony in 96 days for my 3rd time. Would be great if you did a live review from the harmony.

We did have a nice day toot. Harmony is definitely on the wish list for sure. Hope you have a blast in 96 days!

I believe that is correct. Dynamic dining was something they tried at launch where you could reserve different times in different restaurants, now I believe they have Grande and Silk as the mains and more traditional seating times.

If someone else can clarify better for you, I hope they chime in.

Thanks for following along and have a blast!

Grande and Chic are for traditional dining, American Icon & Silk for MTD

Marg

Random question but on the Disney express transfer buses do you notice seatbelts of any kind? Or latch hooks on the seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seatbelts were not apparent nor did I notice hooks on the two buses we were on.

Well I am a bit behind on this report. After the Haunted House we walked over to Frontier Land where the wait for Splash was 80 mins and the mine ride almost 120 mins. So we watched those for a bit then wandered over to Adventure Land where Pirates was 2 hours wait there.

We ended up strolling in for some lunch as we did not have breakfast...

We settled on a hot dog with Braised Beef and Slaw which was phenomenal

22f59c37b94cab3fe025d91cd1bbd056.jpg

We then caught the train back at main street and did a full relaxing loop of the park

http://

After this it was about 2 hours left so we wandered for a bit and watched sone rides

http://

By then we headed back to the transportation center and waited for the bus which left at 4. Last bus left at 4:30.

After thinking about his excursion, if you are a family with children and want to do some of the main rides like splash or pirates or the mine ride, is to head there first as they quickly get longer in time. Then do the rides like Haunted Mansion second as that line moves rather quickly from our experience even when it is busy.

Then keep the kids rides for last as they generally have the shortest quickest lines.

With the last bus leaving at 4:30 you probably have to start heading back at 3:30 at the latest. So that leaves a solid 6 hours. At 1-2 hour waits for the popular rides and taking into account travel time between rides that eats 6 hours in a blink.

If you are a fast pass expert you may be able to work the system better, I do not know how that works any longer if it is a purchased fast pass ticket like universal or you schedule it like in the past.

Anyway it was a nice day out and the weather held up.

As it turned out, I just read your entire thread recently from start to finish and thought you did a terrific job [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] I’m a solo female Canadian cruiser as well and am considering Anthem for my next ship after my cruises on Adventure and Harmony :) So both yours and seadog’s reviews/trip reports have been truly beneficial, thank you both!

Have a great day at Port Canaveral tomorrow, seadog!

Thanks for reading! The Anthem was fantastic - or at least would have been if we hadn’t gotten caught up in that storm! Haha!

My only issue was with dining (and this was back in the days of dynamic dining). I had anytime and ended up eating alone every night. I’ve had much better luck with traditional dining on other ships, particularly when I arrange a large table with others from CC or Facebook in advance. I recently did a live review from the Freedom transatlantic should you be interested in reading it. Much more successful dining experience! Haha! :)

Dinner tonight was again in the Coastal Kitchen

cb0fc6ebf9def0359ffb085cd46c67eb.jpg

0bf79c44dcc5ba4639352a0ee1c6b673.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail (3 out of 5 Forks, unbelievably small almost bay shrimp. Picture makes them look 3 sizes bigger )

fe0208da7a5f3dbbb76723b7464e49ee.jpg

Roasted Chicken (5 out of 5 Forks, fall off the bone tender and flavorful)

56d1134d308e250e462e1af40ee99a7a.jpg

Dessert

ba73a4020ed34d3feaa2f64a0884e96e.jpg

NY Cheese Cake (3.5 out of 5 Forks)

b799c83a42ed20d214f867c4b8451c0b.jpg

Fast Passes for Disney are no extra cost and can be booked online at 30 days pre-visit if you purchase your ticket in advance. IMHO, it’s totally worth it to do so! You can also get fast passes on the day off via the My Disney Experience mobile app. They open up all the time so it’s worth having the app and refreshing it often throughout the day.

Unfortunately it seems you missed a bit of an opportunity not utilizing the free fast passes! :(

Can I ask how long the Disney transfer “tour” was listed as? 8 hours?

Considering doing it on the Symphony TA cruise this fall. We’re only in port from 7am-5pm. I was supposed to do it on that Anthem hurricane cruise but since we didn’t make it to any ports, needless to say that didn’t happen! Haha! I did subsequently do a few days there post-cruise last year but would love to go back for a little taste of Disney.

Fast Passes for Disney are no extra cost and can be booked online at 30 days pre-visit if you purchase your ticket in advance. IMHO, it’s totally worth it to do so! You can also get fast passes on the day off via the My Disney Experience mobile app. They open up all the time so it’s worth having the app and refreshing it often throughout the day.

Unfortunately it seems you missed a bit of an opportunity not utilizing the free fast passes! :(

Can I ask how long the Disney transfer “tour” was listed as? 8 hours?

Considering doing it on the Symphony TA cruise this fall. We’re only in port from 7am-5pm. I was supposed to do it on that Anthem hurricane cruise but since we didn’t make it to any ports, needless to say that didn’t happen! Haha! I did subsequently do a few days there post-cruise last year but would love to go back for a little taste of Disney.

Thanks for the info! The tour was listed as 10 hours and I believe includes the almost 3 hours round trip with waiting for bus to load and potential traffic. Also clearing bag check and purchasing tickets at the park took some time as did the tram to the park. All in all I would say a good 6-6.5 hours at the park.

I did not think to look at fast pass. Back in 2010 the fast pass was go to a kiosk machine in the park and select your ride and time and was what I thought it still was like. Thanks for sharing the info for us and others.

Thanks for the info! The tour was listed as 10 hours and I believe includes the almost 3 hours round trip with waiting for bus to load and potential traffic. Also clearing bag check and purchasing tickets at the park took some time as did the tram to the park. All in all I would say a good 6-6.5 hours at the park.

I did not think to look at fast pass. Back in 2010 the fast pass was go to a kiosk machine in the park and select your ride and time and was what I thought it still was like. Thanks for sharing the info for us and others.

Oh gosh! So if it gets posted as an 8 hour day, I could expect maaaayybe 4 hours in the park?

Perhaps my day would be better spent going to Disney Springs (downtown Disney) using the ship’s transfer. Still a nice little taste of Disney without the insane cost for 4 hours in the park! :)

Thanks for the details!

Oh gosh! So if it gets posted as an 8 hour day, I could expect maaaayybe 4 hours in the park?

Perhaps my day would be better spent going to Disney Springs (downtown Disney) using the ship’s transfer. Still a nice little taste of Disney without the insane cost for 4 hours in the park! :)

Thanks for the details!

Depending on things listed yeah 4-4.5 hours on an 8 hour tour maybe 5 if lucky. We had 6 and did not feel we got our moneys worth to be honest. We will not do it again, however we said that last time as well :)