Luggage question on Fascination

carnivaladdix120

Hello fellow cruisers!

We will be sailing from San Juan next month on Fascination and have only sailed from Canaveral and Miami, so flying into a port is a first for us (we live in south FL) My question is, since we are flying in early that morning (arriving at 9am), can we give our luggage to the porters early, like around 10-10:30? The earliest check in time is 12pm from what I see on the Carnival site, but can we at least drop our luggage off and then tour the island until we board later?

Any input is greatly appreciated :D

Check with Carnival. We were in the same boat (no pun intended) with Princess a few years ago and what we were able to do was buy the transfers from the airport before the cruise. They dropped us off in a "early board" area where we were able to drop the luggage off and then walk into San Juan for a few hours. If you have any must have meds or papers (like passports) make sure you have a backpack to take them with you just in case.

Another option would be to check, they sometimes have a early excursion on the embarkation day. They take care of your luggage on those as well.

ken

Usually it is no problem to drop off luggage before you board. The only concern may be if it is so early that people are still getting off the ship, and luggage is still being claimed in customs area.

Still, the luggage heading on to the ship is put into large bins and forklifted over to the ship. So, as long as all the previous cruise's bags have been offloaded, there should be nothing in the way of them loading on new bags. I think by 10 - 10:30 they should be about done removing bags from the ship.

I would just head to the port from the airport and see what they tell you. Worst case, you have to hang around a short while with your bags but I really don't think you will need to wait.