Do I need to bring the car seat?

New2cruzng

I am traveling in Jan with a lil guy. (10 months old). I know I will bring the stroller, but will I need a car seat for anything?

Shuttle from the airport? Ports of call if we take a tour? I don't know if those tours require car seats, or if they are like buses.

Has anyone been with a little one? Want to bring as little as possible obviously :)

:)

My grand daughter was with our group on the Mediterranea Dec 4-11. She was almost 10 months at the time of the cruise.

My daughter bought a wondeul contraption which was a car seat that became a stroller. There are some wheel thingies under the catr seat and a handle that pops up making the whole trip a breeze. The cruise line priovided a high chair in the dining room and a crib in the cabin, so they were all set to go.

The item is called the "Sit n'Stroll" and it's available on the HSN website under item number 873-044.

The neat thing is that the baby now has a car seat and stroller all in one unit that will work right into her toddler phase; since at this age they outgrow their backward facing car seats anyway.

We took tours on our own negotiating fares of cab drivers in sedans and vans, as well as took bus tours.

Our itinerary was Eastern Caribbean and I do not think there were any car seat requirements, but at age 10 months, babies are getting mobile, so it's worth it for the safety.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived