Checking In???

dave&micki

We have cruised many times but never had this come up----- Do all people in a room have to check in together or can one or two check in for a three person room and the third person check in when they get there and the other people are already on the ship _____ Thanks for any info and smooth cruising to all!!!!!!!

i need new passports but my teens are good. can I do their check in online now?

You can check in online stating you'll be using a birth cert and then present the passport at the terminal. I do that every time... I'm lazy and don't feel like typing in all the info that's required with the passport online check in :cool:

I cruise Carnival at least 4 times a years and it's never been an issue. My last cruise was Nov 2017

You can check in online stating you'll be using a birth cert and then present the passport at the terminal. I do that every time... I'm lazy and don't feel like typing in all the info that's required with the passport online check in :cool:

I cruise Carnival at least 4 times a years and it's never been an issue. My last cruise was Nov 2017

Im getting a new one. just will have to wait 6 weeks.

I have always typed in all that junk on the passports and am curious. Does not doing that seem to slow down your check-in process?

I have always typed in all that junk on the passports and am curious. Does not doing that seem to slow down your check-in process?

I was thinking the same thing. It has to be entered at some point. I think if you don't enter it the check in representative will. However, they may have equipment to swipe your passport so the encoded data just goes right in.

At Galveston, the last step before actually going thru the security screening was people posted at stands. We gave the person our boarding passes and passports, he scanned the passports, wrote something on the boarding passes and that was it. When we got upstairs to the actual check-in all we had to show was the boarding passes. We got our S & S cards then. Super fast!!

FYI, Galveston also had 2 lines for check-in. One for people with passports and one for people with BC and DL. Guess which one went the fastest? Yep, passport line. I asked someone what the difference between the 2 lines were, was told passport VS birth cert & DL. He said they have to physically look over each BC and DL and it takes more time. That line wasn't moving much at all. Although I was convinced about using passports before, that really made it clear. You get on the ship faster cause you check in faster.

I've never typed it all in and check in has always been quick. They swipe my passport in their machine so I assume that's how they get the info I didn't provide. I leave next Friday on the Sunshine and actually typed all the info in before commenting....... so I'll see if it makes a difference.

I'm thinking the US Customs doesn't check the passenger list until it comes back, which is why people with warrants get a free shuttle to the local jail compliments of the police. If they checked BEFORE it left the info would be required. Who knows LOL Maybe I'll ask

The reason I got a passport is because I have a German birth cert and consulate papers. It took forever (well maybe like 15 minutes) to get cleared. I've never cruised out of Galveston, just Florida, SC, Mobile and NOLA, they don't have a separate line for passport or birth certs (or didn't last time I went.. things change over night with Carnival)

We have cruised many times but never had this come up----- Do all people in a room have to check in together or can one or two check in for a three person room and the third person check in when they get there and the other people are already on the ship _____ Thanks for any info and smooth cruising to all!!!!!!!

Make sure everyone has there boarding pass.

At Galveston, the last step before actually going thru the security screening was people posted at stands. We gave the person our boarding passes and passports, he scanned the passports, wrote something on the boarding passes and that was it. When we got upstairs to the actual check-in all we had to show was the boarding passes. We got our S & S cards then. Super fast!!

FYI, Galveston also had 2 lines for check-in. One for people with passports and one for people with BC and DL. Guess which one went the fastest? Yep, passport line. I asked someone what the difference between the 2 lines were, was told passport VS birth cert & DL. He said they have to physically look over each BC and DL and it takes more time. That line wasn't moving much at all. Although I was convinced about using passports before, that really made it clear. You get on the ship faster cause you check in faster.

Not the case with my cruise out of Miami...We always use BC's.... The checkin person barely glanced at our BC and DL's... Was more concerned with seeing our Boarding pass info. Took maybe 30 sec's before we were on our way through security.

Another vote for passports and online check-in. I get frustrated in line behind groups that have bits of paper flying everywhere instead of a nicely folded boarding pass in your passport.

If you are using birth certificate and driver's license, the names must match.

If not, you will need to bring the documentation of change (marriage license, etc.). IF you get asked for it and cannot present it, you may not be allowed to board.

While you're digging out that information, might as well get that passport, and you won't have to deal with it again. :D

Wendy

Not the case with my cruise out of Miami...We always use BC's.... The checkin person barely glanced at our BC and DL's... Was more concerned with seeing our Boarding pass info. Took maybe 30 sec's before we were on our way through security.

When you return and have to go through customs it probably truly matters the most. It sounds like some cruise lines are being more thorough so there’s no problem upon return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk