embarkation lunch on the Conquest

dsd787

DSD - The Lido Deck buffet area is open when you board the ship. There are two different areas - one for hot food and one for hamburgers/hotdogs, etc. The formal dining room doesn't open on the first day until dinner.

The first day is the ONLY time I have anything from the buffet. I have all three meals each day in the dining room. Wonderful fresh food straight from the kitchen to you! (Not sitting in warming trays like at the buffet.) Plus - personal service and a quiet atmosphere. The food is SO much better than buffet. My opinion, of course.:)

I agree Cotton...three meals in a day in the dining room whenever possible!

The first day lunch/buffet on our Glory cruise was a disappointment...our only time to try the buffet and did not care for much of their offerings...

We found the hamburgers/cheeseburgers to be exceptionally good and ate lunch there on any days the dining room was closed for lunch...:)

Thanks for replying.

We sailed NCL Sea last summer, and there was open seating lunch embarkation day. It was nice. No one else seemed to know about it. I agree regarding the dining rooms. Unless in port I'm eating all meals there.

Archived