Martini Clinic

tarada

We did the martini clinic last August and it was definitely worth it. I was charged $10 and recieved 5 small martinis. I don't remember all the types but I do know the Espresso Martini was good enough that I went back to the Star Bar a few times later in the week to have another.

From what I remember they had the regular martini, a vodka martini, a cosmopolitan, a french martini, & a chocotini. They also offered another clinic later in the week so I don't know if they have different drinks for each one or just use the same. It was well worth the $10.00.

tarada,

The clinic is well worth the $10.00. Benny is the best bartender you will meet on the Dawn. At the first clinic on our 12/1 cruise he made: The Bogota, an Expresso & an AtlanticQ martinis. We all chanted more, more, more and he agreed to make 4 for the 2nd clinic. At this clinic he made: a Kurrant Affair, Washington Apple (with Seagrams), a Lemon Grove (very nice) & a Chocolate Expresso.

They are usually scheduled for 3:00pm, so don't skip lunch.

If you go to the clinic, please tell Benny, Mr Monty says to make the "Floridian" for the clinic.

Happy Sailing & Holidays,

Monty

I've never had a martini, so I guess this is a good place to start.

Definitely. It will give you a nice little sampling of different kinds & how they are made. Watch out, martinis are strong:D Even if you find out you're not really crazy about the drinks the clinic should be fun.

we are on the Jewel in two weeks - will it be posted in the daily newsletter, or is it something they offer every day? thanks. and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas!!

It will certainly be listed in your "FreeStyle Daily", and there is usually two. They have always been on sea days from my experience. A good turnout at the first one will help bring about a 2nd one!! When we were on the Jewel in October, it was four martinis, but it sounds like three is the new policy (bah humbug!!).

Archived