Flying into FLL, cruise in Miami

a one way car rental is usually around $40. what we have done is drop extra people and all luggage off at the pier then take the car back and take the shuttle to the pier. I think the national rental drop off is at the Marriott so if you stay there all you have to do is drop the keys off when you board the shuttle.

My dh and I are flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise date. We have a hotel booked in Miami. What would be the best way to go from the FLL airport to our hotel and from our hotel to the port the next day? All suggestions are welcome! :)

You may want to check "Cruise Air" forum. This question has came up before and is not specific to Roayl Caribbean.

On both of our southern Florida cruises, we flew into the "other" airport, due to air fares being significantly better.

Both times we did the one-way car rental, which as was mentioned, in southern Florida is very reasonable, there are no drop off fees.

Both times we used the car the night before to go take care of important little things as well as just see what was around. Both times we returned the car to the rental place in the nearby airport, then they shuttled us to the pier for free.

It worked out just fine... just make sure the company you pick has the shuttle to the pier before you finalize the arrangements.

Theron

I would like to know if there is a rental company that has a dropoff at a hotel!!

I want to use the rental during the day and dropoff in the evening!

We like to arrive at the pier early!! So dropping the rental off in the morning of the cruise will conflict with that tradition!

Thanks!

We like to arrive at the pier early!! So dropping the rental off in the morning of the cruise will conflict with that tradition!

Thanks!

I guess everyone's definition of "early" is different... :) But you really can't get on the ship much before 11 at the earliest, since they are disembarking passengers from the previous cruise. Unless you are staying really far away, it only takes about a half hour to run by the dropoff place and then just another few minutes to catch their shuttle to the pier.

It's your schedule of course, but I don't see how doing it that way messes up your early arrival plans. Your mileage may vary! :)

Theron

Don't sweat it. Me and my wife have flown into FLL twice and it is very easy to get from the airport to the port of Miami. First of all FLL and Miami are NOT very far from eack other, the two cities are connected. They have shuttles service they will get you to downtown Miami for around 8 dollars person and it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on traffic. We were staying at the Holiday-inn port of Maimi and it was not hard to get to.

Archived