Bringing my own food

Obits

Hello,

I’m on a special diet and would like to bring some of my shelf stable food items (bars, etc) onboard. Is this allowed? Ok thank you

Just got an answer from special_needs@rccl.com for my niece also:

“Guests are allowed to bring on their own supply of dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings. Guests may not bring on board any potentially hazardous food items. (Items that require refrigeration, freezing, reheating, or storage by the galley). Kindly be advised that we do carry Lactose Free and Soy milk onboard our ships. Non-perishable milk is allowed onboard the ship. Items must be store bought sealed and not opened. We recommend bringing it as part of your carry-on.”

Hope that helps.

Nick

Brunei

Just got an answer from special_needs@rccl.com for my niece also:

“Guests are allowed to bring on their own supply of dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings. Guests may not bring on board any potentially hazardous food items. (Items that require refrigeration, freezing, reheating, or storage by the galley). Kindly be advised that we do carry Lactose Free and Soy milk onboard our ships. Non-perishable milk is allowed onboard the ship. Items must be store bought sealed and not opened. We recommend bringing it as part of your carry-on.”

Hope that helps.

Nick

Brunei

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

I’m going to post the whole email for you in case you have any particular allergies; would also highly suggest you contact special_needs@rccl.com for further clarification/information. For note, my 4yo niece suffers discomfort in certain circumstances, so I asked if we could bring on board packet UHT milk that we know she’s good with.

“Thank you for your response and the below information.

We have received your notice regarding your food needs and will forward the information to the ship. By speaking with your head waiter in the dining room your needs will be communicated to the galley and an open line of communication will be established among everyone concerned.

Once on board please meet with one of the Restaurant Managers to review the menus and identify those items that need to be modified or avoided. They will be happy to assist you and will forward your concerns and needs to the galley. All items prepared for guests with food allergies are handled separate from the main food production. Please note that if you choose to go into the other restaurants other than the Main Dining Room please meet with the Manager for that particular restaurant to go over the food items with you regarding your food allergies before eating. Guests are allowed to bring on their own supply of dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings. Guests may not bring on board any potentially hazardous food items. (Items that require refrigeration, freezing, reheating, or storage by the galley). Kindly be advised that we do carry Lactose Free and Soy milk onboard our ships. Non-perishable milk is allowed onboard the ship. Items must be store bought sealed and not opened. We recommend bringing it as part of your carry-on.

It is also recommended that they refrain from eating in the buffet areas, as they are self serve and can not guarantee it will be free of cross contamination.”

Nick

Brunei

I’m going to post the whole email for you in case you have any particular allergies; would also highly suggest you contact special_needs@rccl.com for further clarification/information. For note, my 4yo niece suffers discomfort in certain circumstances, so I asked if we could bring on board packet UHT milk that we know she’s good with.

“Thank you for your response and the below information.

We have received your notice regarding your food needs and will forward the information to the ship. By speaking with your head waiter in the dining room your needs will be communicated to the galley and an open line of communication will be established among everyone concerned.

Once on board please meet with one of the Restaurant Managers to review the menus and identify those items that need to be modified or avoided. They will be happy to assist you and will forward your concerns and needs to the galley. All items prepared for guests with food allergies are handled separate from the main food production. Please note that if you choose to go into the other restaurants other than the Main Dining Room please meet with the Manager for that particular restaurant to go over the food items with you regarding your food allergies before eating. Guests are allowed to bring on their own supply of dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. They may also bring on their own individual packets of salad dressings. Guests may not bring on board any potentially hazardous food items. (Items that require refrigeration, freezing, reheating, or storage by the galley). Kindly be advised that we do carry Lactose Free and Soy milk onboard our ships. Non-perishable milk is allowed onboard the ship. Items must be store bought sealed and not opened. We recommend bringing it as part of your carry-on.

It is also recommended that they refrain from eating in the buffet areas, as they are self serve and can not guarantee it will be free of cross contamination.”

Nick

Brunei

Thank you!