Allure - OV accessible balcony availability

Young Pooh

I have been looking at sailings on the Allure for July/August 2019 for some time.

We are wanting an OV accessible balcony cabin and there seemed to be plenty available on each of the sailings I was looking at. Then overnight, a couple of weeks ago, these disappeared on each of the sailings. Whatever date I put in for summer 2019, on Allure, there is no availability in this category - only BW or CP accessible balconies are available. It gives the option of OV accessible but when I try to select it I get a message stating not available.

It seems strange that they have sold out overnight for every sailing during summer 2019. Any ideas?

We were on the Allure n January . If my memory serves me right we were in cabin 6226, which is a special-needs balcony. When we got to the cabin I could not believe it was 16 cabins down from the elevators. My wife being in a wheelchair that presented problems being so far from the elevators. I don’t know what rocket scientist designed that ship . Almost every other ship we’ve been on the Special Needs cabins were anywhere from 4 to 5 down from the elevator

It's a website glitch (I think). We wanted to go on a June or July 2019 Allure cruise on a Central Park balcony, accessible. Every time I looked online, there were no options for it, for any of the June or July sailings about 18 months away, which seemed wonky. However, then I called up a travel agent, and she was able to get it for us. Might be worth calling Royal direct, or a travel agent if you are willing to use one (you can still do all your cruise planner stuff on your own) so they can help you access it. I will say that it is annoying that it appears only accessible staterooms are having this issue. Good luck (and let me know if you end up on the July 7th cruise!)