GTY cabin ?

goldmom

We recently book a gty veradah on the Constellation for March 2006.

Can anyone whose done this tell me when they received their cabin assignment? Someone said they were assigned a cabin pretty much right after booking. Is that generally the case? Has anyone ever not had a cabin assignment until the checked in, or had their cabin changed after it was assigned?

I'm just curious, as I don't really care which cabin I get, which is why we took the gty. I'm just happy to be cruising! Just wondering.

Thanks.

Thank you for the responses. I did check the celebrity website, but we haven't been assigned a cabin yet.

Anyone have any good stories on booking a GTY and getting assigned a great cabin. I love hearing good upgrade stories. It gives all of us hope.

Thanks.

Anyone have any good stories on booking a GTY and getting assigned a great cabin. I love hearing good upgrade stories. It gives all of us hope.

Thanks.

We booked a CC Class GTY in October for the 2/12/06 sailing of the Summit through the Panama Canal and were assigned 9201 - Aft with LARGE balcony - in November. We are happy.

Vince

We booked a CC Class GTY in October for the 2/12/06 sailing of the Summit through the Panama Canal and were assigned 9201 - Aft with LARGE balcony - in November. We are happy.

Vince

Happy? That's not good enough, Vince. I want to hear "ecstatic"!

Good catch. It's rare to score one of these as a guarantee, luckier still to land one for a long itinerary. Most of them get snapped up fairly quickly. We had one of these cabins for our Canal transit on the Infinity and LOVED it. The longer the itinerary, the more we appreciate them.

Thank you for the responses. I did check the celebrity website, but we haven't been assigned a cabin yet.

Thanks.

On both a Celebrity Cruise (Mercury) and an Cunard (QE2) I got a GTY room for cheapest category inside double. On Celebrity - that's what I got - on Cunard, they put us in an outside room up one deck with porthole. It was nice, but not necessary - we don't spend much time in the rooms.

Have a great trip.

• 1 month later...

The only cruise line that gave us a great upgrade when we booked gty was Princee. On one cruise we paid for Cat.# 22 & got a Cat#7. A 15 grade upgrade is nothing to sneeze at. On our Austrailan to New Zealand cruise we got a 16 grade up grade.

When we went to Alaska we booked guaruntees - an inside, an outside, and a balcony. The inside got the highest level of inside cabin possible. The outside got all the way front - but a decent sized window. The balcony got a concierge class. So it is all luck. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi: Booked my first cruise with Celebrity on Monday. Booked a category "X" Guarantee Oceanview w/balcony. Logged onto Celebrity's website to start my check-in process, noticed I had already been assigned Cabin 7102, in 2B Category on Vista deck. Had I booked this cabin/category direct, would have paid alomost $800 more I believe. I'm happy!

DH and I are sooo excited for this cruise! Can't wait!

Yes, you should be happy. We also booked the Gty verandah and got our cabin assignment, a 2A, so we're very happy. Also saved quite a bit of money by booking the GTY. If you don't really have a specific cabin or area that you want, then I think a GTY is a great way to go.

With a verandah gty, the worst you can get is a 2C, so you and I both made out well. Enjoy your cruise, I know we plan to!

I have often booked GTY's online. Don't know why they are listed as sold out. If you are looking really far in advance, maybe Celebrity doesn't put GTY cabins up for sale when they first list a cruise. Just a guess.

I know that our cruise listed the GTY's as sold out about a month before, but before that they had them. Maybe call Celebrity and ask them if they have any GTY's available for the cruise you're looking at. Are you checking on Celebrity's site or one of the other travel sites?

Good luck.

I wanted to fit in a cruise so for the first time used a guarantee oceanview.

I had no idea that the room was selected by computer- not humans. So, I was given the "Rat Deck". I assumed (bad idea) that since I'm an Elite member

(13 cruises) and a Diamond member (21 cruises) that there would be some consideration on my stateroom-no deal. The ship was sold out, so I couldn't even change the room if I wanted to. This was my first and last time having a reservation like this one. The Constellation was still very enjoyable.

We booked a family view guarantee in December for an April cruise date. In early February after final payment, I noticed that Celebrity had released all of the family view cabins for our sailing and was no longer booking guarantees for this category.

So I called Celebrity to ask if they could assign our cabin (I had already checked our booking and we were still assigned a guarantee). Sure enough, we were assigned the corner FV that I wanted by our request. So it pays to call and ask if they can assign a room.

Good luck...

Archived