Santo Is Champange Bay renamed Champange Beach.

Zanny

Hi, Going to Santo next week on Carnival Spirit and it calls to Santo i beleive there is a beach there you can go to was just wondering if thats the same as Champange Bay as that is beautiful only been there twice

Thanks Zanny

Santo is the name of the island (actually it’s Espiritu Santo, but often shortened). There are two places most cruise ships go on this island - Champagne Beach (often called Champagne Bay) and Luganville.

If it says ‘Santo’ on your itinerary, it probably means you are going to Luganville.

This town is nice - not developed by any means - but you can easily get to Million Dollar Beach (for snorkeling or scuba diving) or RiRi blue holes from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not describe the walk from the ship through Luganville township as "nice", its very weather beaten and uninviting , at least the foot path is being made which is an improvement for the locals. not my favourite port., you have to travel a bit to find a nice beach.

We did the Luganville P&O shore tour LUI-040, the beach was crap, no fish, no coral, actually there was a small amount of coral but all dead and crushed, but the blue hole was spectacular !! , you have to have a swim at champange bay. a very nice beach, we will be back there in April.

Edited by castaway01

This town is nice - not developed by any means - but you can easily get to Million Dollar Beach (for snorkeling or scuba diving) or RiRi blue holes from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The town is nice? Did you try the Kava early on that trip...lol.

I can not type on here how I would describe the town but it is far from nice.

We have been there twice and have discovered the 1 rule for Santo is get a driver and get out of the town. The blue hole is great, Lope Lope beach, Million Dollar point, Champagne beach (a bit of a long drive) are all worth a visit.