Gift Card Payment

cruisent

Should a Gift Card payment towards my booking balance reflect immediately or does it take time to readjust to the new balance? I made a payment 10 minutes ago, Carnival accepted the payment, showing the new lower balance, but when I returned to My Cruise Manager the previous balance is still there and no record of the gift card payment. Should I be worried or will things just readjust on it's own in time?

I'm also on the Easy Pay plan so i'm wondering if that could complicate things...but in the FAQ on their site, it says if you make a payment while on the plan, it will simply readjust the monthly payments. Should I just give it a couple days for the system to adjust or call them?

I'm kicking myself for not taking a screen shot of that payment acceptance page! :mad:

Don't kick yourself too hard. Take a deep breath and wait at least 30 more minutes (just to relax a little).

You should get an email verifying your payment (even with a gift card) almost instantly.

If you don't get that e-mail, check the balance on your gift card. If the balance has reduced but your Cruise Manager hasn't updated, it's time to call Carnival. If there's a glitch, they'll find it.

And yes, the Easy Plan thing might have something to do with the delay.

I just checked the card balance on Carnival website where you can enter the card numbers and the balance is still showing on the gift card. Weird. Apparently it didn't apply when I made the payment. I'm wondering if I should try again or just do it over the phone to be safe.

I had an issue paying with gift cards once. Let's say you have $100 and want to pay down your account.

Instead of Pay Balance, put 100 in the Other Amount box. Once you put the gift card it, it should reflect the correct balance.

I was selecting pay balance and putting the gift card amount in but since it was for less than the full amount, it requested a credit card number for the remaining balance. By selecting Other Amount, that took care of the issue for me.

I just called them and the rep said that no payment was reflecting on my booking and that the gift card still had the balance on it so nothing went through! She gladly did it all over the phone for me and the new balance and new monthly payment is already adjusted in the booking.

For now on i'll just call them because I don't trust their website for anything...too glitchy!

I just checked the card balance on Carnival website where you can enter the card numbers and the balance is still showing on the gift card. Weird. Apparently it didn't apply when I made the payment. I'm wondering if I should try again or just do it over the phone to be safe.

similar thing happened to me... turns out that I didn’t realize there was one more “submit” button to click.

I would do it again.

similar thing happened to me... turns out that I didn’t realize there was one more “submit” button to click.

I would do it again.

I wonder if you're right and that's what happened? I DID reach a page where it was showing the new lower balance and reflecting the gift card payment. Perhaps there was a "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of that page I was supposed to click that I overlooked and assumed everything was done and that was the order confirmation page. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Calling took all of 10 minutes and the rep was very friendly so all's well now.