Gold to Platinum???

dave&micki

We have just finished our last cruise and now have 74 points ----- On our next cruise in september will we become platinum (75 points) at the start of the cruise or do we have to wait till the end??? Thanks and Happy cruising to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have just finished our last cruise and now have 74 points ----- On our next cruise in september will we become platinum (75 points) at the start of the cruise or do we have to wait till the end??? Thanks and Happy cruising to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of platinum:)

Congratulations on becoming platinum! Enjoy your platinum perks starting on embarkation day on your next cruise.

Just look at your luggage tags. They should have a big red upside down arrow with "Priority" on them. That means that you are now Platinum. We will hit it on our next cruise and it looked so good to see that word on the tags. :D

OK, HOPE SOMEONE KNOWS...One of our group is turning platinum on our cruise. He will be parking the car at the pier and walking back to the ship with another member of our group (who they are not SHARING a room with) ...will the other (non platinum) person be able to just get on with the platinum person, or will they have to stand in line...HOPING THIS MAKES SENSE

OK, HOPE SOMEONE KNOWS...One of our group is turning platinum on our cruise. He will be parking the car at the pier and walking back to the ship with another member of our group (who they are not SHARING a room with) ...will the other (non platinum) person be able to just get on with the platinum person, or will they have to stand in line...HOPING THIS MAKES SENSE

I cannot say first hand, but I have read a lot on here. The first thing is, if one person in the room is platinum then everyone assigned to the cabin can ride on their coat tails. If the non platinum person/people in group are not in a cabin with a platinum person then I believe they would not have any platinum priorities. Also you had mentioned turning platinum, from everything I have read prior to this thread if you turn Gold, Platinum, or Diamond during your cruise you will not go to that level until your next cruise. However after reading this thread it sounds like if you turn Gold ect... in the middle of your cruise you are that level for the entire cruise. Like I said in an earlier post we turn gold on our 9th day of next cruise, so fingers crossed that we will be gold for the entire two weeks, we will find out in Aug '18.

The non Platinum person will not be able to check in or board with the Platinum if they are in separate cabins. If they want to check in or board together, then the Platinum person would have to stay with the non Platinum person. You definitely become the next level at the beginning of your cruise if you reach that status during your cruise.

• 2 months later...
I know this could be a stupid questions, we are planning a cruise and I will be platinum on the 7th day of a 7 day cruise. Does this mean that from day one I will become platinum, or will I be platinum for following cruises?

Thanks in advance!

If your 75th cruise day happens on that cruise (keeping in mind that they count the day you board as day 1, and do not count the day you debark), then you will be Platinum for the whole cruise.

If your 75th cruise day happens on that cruise (keeping in mind that they count the day you board as day 1, and do not count the day you debark), then you will be Platinum for the whole cruise.

That is what I thought but I wanted to just make sure, just in case since my 75th day with be the 7th day of a 7 day cruise I didnt know if that impacted anything. I appreciate the response!

yes you are considered platinum the entire cruise.

non-platinum can't board with the platinum guest in another room unless they are on the same credit card of the platinum guest.

Just remember you have to wear your platinum S&S card around your neck in plain view, look down your nose at the reds and golds, and curse the FTTFs for buying, rather than earning, their perks.

:evilsmile:

We plan to.

Same ??? over and over yes you will be when you board.

I just walk through the priority line and say "everyone in this room is with me", they usually then try to accommodate all 1000 of us as platinum.

I hit day 75 on the last day of our last cruise. Had Platinum the entire cruise. :D