First time in St Thomas

manitoba girl

If you like to snorkel, the excursion to Buck Island is a good one. We have done it 2 times. There were 6 of us on the boat, plus the captain and first mate. We motored over to the island and snorkeled off the boat. (You don't go to a beach.) We saw a lot of colorful fish. The last time we even saw an endangered sea turtle! We then sailed back to the ship. You will have time afterward to do some shopping or to take the tram up the mountain for a view of the harbor and the famous Bushwacker!

Have fun!

We were on Princess and we booked Godfrey tour, and it was a great tour.

2 hours of shopping

2 hours of sightseeing

2 hours of beaches

for I think he is now 25.00 usd (was 20.00 a year ago)

I you do so, when you will go up in the hill he will stop you to an observatory with a small shopping mall.

Look for silver ... 66% off compare to downtown stores!

Enjoy the island

Francosi

I had shop downtown for my 2 sons a silver chain for the neck, it was a bit pricy but at the obsevatory the last small store on the right she has very good price.

If I remember well it was alf price.

we bought 2 of them.

Best

francois

This Manitoba boy would strongly recommend the submarine ride in St. Thomas. We then returned to the ship for lunch and took a taxi over to Magen's Bay beach in the afternoon. The sub ride was one of our cruise highlights, because after all it's not like you can catch the 2 p.m. sub down the Assiniboine River! And make a point of getting to the beach if you can. It's actually only about an $8 taxi ride.

Manitoba girl, depends on what sorts of activities you want to do for the day. Godfrey does offer a nice tour which includes time for shopping, a tour of the island, and beach time. We've been to St Thomas numerous times, and this was the first time we used Godfrey and thought it was a very good value for the cost.

Becki

We were on Princess and we booked Godfrey tour, and it was a great tour.

2 hours of shopping

2 hours of sightseeing

2 hours of beaches

for I think he is now 25.00 usd (was 20.00 a year ago)

I you do so, when you will go up in the hill he will stop you to an observatory with a small shopping mall.

Look for silver ... 66% off compare to downtown stores!

Enjoy the island

Francosi

How do you book with them? website?

Sorry, meant to give the website last post: http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

The thing I liked about Godfrey's tours is that we could leave our snorkel equipment with him while we shopped, and then could leave our purchases with him while we were at the beach. Otherwise, it would mean a lot of running back to the ship to drop off/pick up stuff. He will give you a choice of 3 pickup times from the ship to take you to town to shop. Then, he picks up the group at noon to take you on the island tour. For the beach stop, he gave our group a choice of Sapphire or Coki Beach and our group wanted Coki.

Becki

This Manitoba boy would strongly recommend the submarine ride in St. Thomas. We then returned to the ship for lunch and took a taxi over to Magen's Bay beach in the afternoon. The sub ride was one of our cruise highlights, because after all it's not like you can catch the 2 p.m. sub down the Assiniboine River! And make a point of getting to the beach if you can. It's actually only about an $8 taxi ride.

That is so funny!!!LOL.I miss Winnipeg so much and I wish we could get posted back there in a hurry but for now we are stuck in Edmonton( only been gone since Aug 2005).

I loved your review, it makes me look forward even more to going on her in July.Can't wait..we don't have much for rivers to snorkel in here, not counting the north Saskatchewan( yuck)

I met up with another Manitoban on the web page, she was from Thompson originally then moved to New york I think it was.

I think that " gay beach" you refered to in your review was on our excursion two years ago when we went on the golden eagle catamaran and we ended up almost at that beach.It was a clothing optional beach..Only gone to one once..Wreck beach in BC.

Thanks for your reply ....I hope you are a Bomber fan I will always be True Blue no matter how good or bad they do..

regards

Karen( misn MB)

We cruised with NCL 3 years ago and did the obligatory St. Thomas stop. The rest of our group chose to stay there while my honey and I chose an excursion to St. John. Well worth it! We had an island tour and time at Trunk Bay to snorkel, eat, bask in the sun. We did a very quick run around the shops on St. Thomas when we got back and it was plenty. I would make this choice again in a heartbeat.

Archived