Can I get a kid's point of view review ?

New2cruzng

My 11 yr old and 13 yr old think the kid's club is going to have a bunch of 'baby games', lol.

Any parents have any kids out there that could comment on the kids club or the costa magica in general for a 11 and 13 yr old girls?

Thanks a bunch!!

Out of experience from being on the ship. Does anyone know what the ages are in the different group. May have to bump my 10 yr old up, if she is at the oldest age in her group.

So if anyone knows, can you pass it on.

Thanks

Mini Club: 3-6 years

Maxi Club: 7-12 years

TeenZone: 13-18 years

Some teen zone sample activities on Magica:

11am Table Soccer

4pm Volley Ball Tournament

8:30pm Tex Mex Dinner Buffet

11:30pm Dancing in the Disco

Are they the age groups for the Mediterranea also?

Very odd to have 7 yr olds with 12 yr olds. My 10 yr old will do fine with 9, 10 and 11 & 12 yr olds, but with 7 yr olds that is pushing it. But again we are going with 2 other 10 yr olds, so she will be fine.

I don't know. I just sailed Magica once and I left my son at home, so I don't have any first hand knowledge.

I'd be worried about the 13 year olds going to the disco with the 18 year olds. Fortunately, my son is only 2, so I have a few more years before I have to really worry about that. :D

I am trying to sort out the dining times vs when the kids' program begins in the evenings. We were hoping to drop the kids off and then go to late dinner seating @ 8:30p. The website says the evening program doesn't start until 9pm....can anyone verify this? What did you do? We have some younger children ages 3-8 that won't make it through a 2-hour 5 course meal that's why we decided on the 8:30p seating figuring we would feed the kids earlier @ the Bellagio Buffet and have a nice dinner adults only.

We just got back from back-to-back Christmas and New Year Magica sailings. The first time, the kids "Maxi" group was 7 to 10 years old, the second week, it was 7 to 11 years old. My son was in the 11 to 14, then the 12 to 14. There was plenty to do - my 10 year old liked the program (and she has been on 13 cruises, so she is not easily impresses). They even take the kids swimming and on the water slide.

For the 12 year old, there wasn't much in the way of supervised activities. They set up meeting times and if not enough kids showed up, then they just left.

As for meals, there was a change almost everyday. THey seem to be a lot less structured about time than RCCL and other lines. One night, kids dinner was at 5:45, another night at 6:30.

This ship and its staff are very different from the others that we have been on. We had first seating and there was a LARGE group of probably 50 + in a family that had 5 or 6 tables near us, and even though they would arrive at 7 or 7:30 for a 5:45 seating, they were still served and accomodated.

The rooms are made up twice a day, but don't expect mints on your pillow at night or towel animals (yes, we were in a grand suite).

The arcade is quite reasonable in price, for $5 each, my kids could play for about an hour.

And they don't push stuff all day long, like Bingo and other announcements.

THere's both good and bad, but we had a good time and so did the kids.

Hi, I have been on the Mediterrania, and Atlantica with my kids who are both about the ages of yours. My daughter loved the kids programs. Several preteen dances with workers motivating the kids to dance. YMCA etc. Also a good movie night. Here is something my son loved. All video games were free while in port. During the day, they mostly stayed around the pool with us.

My kids are 7 and 9 and they would not go to the kids club. We tried a couple of times, but when we went to check on them they just wanted to leave. They were very uncomfortable there. It really threw us for a loop. It seemed like really great staff and lots of games and fun, but it just wasn't for our kids. So we hung out as a family and played chess, yahtzee, gameboy, read books. Took a while to adjust, but it was fine after we just embraced the fact that they wouldn't go.

Seems like there was a big group of kids having lots of fun, though. So I guess just listen to your kids and see what they want to do.

Archived