Infinity Losing Ground

Yahtic

I took one of Infinity's 12 nighters out of SF to Alaska last year and had a great time. The ship is in great shape and the crew seems to be always working to keep it clean.

The only place I noticed some wear was in the T-Pool where there was some discoloration and rust on the pool lining. Sure enough, during one of our sea days, they drained the pool and repainted the lining. My only complaint would have been that they chose to do this during a sea day where the pool gets the most use, but I was impressed nonetheless.

Seems odd that there would be that much relative disparity between M-class ships for Design/Cabins and Activities/Facilities categories - they are pretty much cut from the same mold. Perhaps there's a bit of flexibility in activity lists depending on the itinerary, and the facilities score may be affected by maintenance. ....
Very good question. (I had similar questions when I first looked at the ratings of the 5 siblings within RCCL's Voyager class.)

I took one of Infinity's 12 nighters out of SF to Alaska last year and had a great time. The ship is in great shape and the crew seems to be always working to keep it clean. ....
Thanks for the thumbs up!

(I see you sailed the second May itinerary, which includes a first stop in Vancouver, 2 Inside Passage passes, and a last stop in Victoria before heading back to SF. This sounds great. Hopefully I'll see this offered when the 2007 schedules come out.)

• 2 months later...
Just off Mercury and found the staff to be absolutely wonderful, however, the provisioning of the ship seemed to be lacking. They ran out of milk, butter, lemons, shrimp, and some fruit. Portion size was much smaller -- four scallops for the entree, smaller portions in general. You could order another dish but only after you had eaten the first. Two entrees at the same time are no longer provided. I guess I will be flamed, but thought I would state what I found. Been on over a dozen cruises, been on Celebrity 3 times. Still love Celebrity, however, disappointed that they seem to be slipping.

Flowy, we were on the Mercury 11 night cruise which left San Diego on 1/2/2006. At least two or three times our table mates ordered two entrees and they were provided at the same time. Also, there did not seem to be any shortages, although mid-way through the cruise when we ordered a shrimp cocktail which was not on the menu, they arrived with three shrimp instead of the usual four. :D

Thank you all for your postings on this thread, which we have eagerly read. We have booked a Royal Suite on Infinity for the 9/3/2006 10 night cruise out of Vancouver, B.C.

Our five previous Celebrity cruises have all been on Century class vessels [all in the last two years]. The Conde Naste ratings are interesting, but must be very subjective. For example, we love Century which has on occasion been ripped viciously by posters on these threads, and during our two cruises on her, found her to have the best staff handsdown and the best food of the C-class ships. We were on Galaxy last October for 10 nights in the med, and on Mercury this January for 11 nights, and felt that the quality of the food was not as good as we experienced on Century, and yet Mercury and Galaxy are rated ahead of Century.

The staff on Mercury on our last cruise was outstanding in our opinion and in the same class with Century which is a great compliment. [i should mention that the Captain of Mercury was very very visable, and we ran into him in the buffet line on Deck 11 - we were impressed.] We did not find that to be the case on Galaxy - where quite often you did not get the smile and/or hello from a staff member, or find out that someone is too busy to answer your question, etc.

On our recent Mercury cruise, when we first entered our Royal Suite, we were amazed to see that it had been newly refurbished. [We had a basis for comparison, because on our very first Celebrity cruise we had a Royal Suite on Mercury]. It was spotless, including the granite and tile in the bathroom, and the only small defect we noticed were several scratches on the floor next to the sliding glass door leading out to the veranda. We noticed that a number of the public rooms had also been refurbished since our last cruise on her.

On our last cruise, we had the worst waiter ever, and our asst. waiter had to be replaced. That is the negative, the positive is that Steve our asst. maitre'd did his best to address our table mates comments [complaints] and was one of the few asst. maitre'ds that we have tipped the recommended amount [well just a little bit more] because he provided a service. Also, we had the best butler that we have had out of five butlers, Stanley.

Ergo, we had a great cruise on Mercury, in fact every one of our cruises have been really great experiences.

read what everyone said so on Mon she goes into dry dock. And she will get her makeover and we are the first group to go on her after dry dock. I know they are going to work on pods. Well I will let everyone how she looks.

Archived