So staggered check-in

stephlauryn

If I arrive at the port prior to my assigned boarding time (45 minutes - 1 hour), will I have to wait until that time before I board?

Let me clarify for your (and everyone else's) benefit. You do NOT have an assigned boarding time. You have an assigned check-in time. Assuming the rules are being enforced (and you should expect that to within a few minutes), you will literally be prevented from entering the building until your slot opens and will be told to stand on the sidewalk outside. Once allowed inside, the normal queue follows a normal progression toward actual boarding in traditional assigned groups.

Please, please, don't show up at the port until your assigned check-in time. Hope that helps clarify. (As mentioned elsewhere, these rules do not apply for those with priority boarding.)

Right. If you don't have priority of some kind (platinum, diamond, FTTF), you're not allowed into the terminal until your check-in time. They'd like everyone to pick a time closest to when you think you'll actually arrive, if possible. But if you really don't know, you can always check in after your time, just not before.

So what? ;)

Thank u, this IS supposed to be a laid back forum and if a question is posed and u have an answer then answer it if not move on was not on here to be grammatically correct. Sheesh

If your'e not Platinum/Diamond or have FTTF, you need to arrive within your check-in window or after. If you show up early, you typically have to wait outside the terminal until your time.

If you're not priority, you'll go through security and the check-in process, then are given a zone number. That zone number determines when you'll board. They'll call wedding parties, platinum/diamond, suites, and FTTF to board first, then begin calling zones. So the earlier you arrive within your check-in window, the lower the zone number you'll be, the sooner you board. :)

That's how it's SUPPOSED to work. We sailed out of Mobile last December and if they cared abount the check-in time I didn't notice that. We arrived on time, and were standing in line with people whose check-in time was still an hour and a half away. I guess it's all up to the cruise port employees.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app