Playa Porto Mari

Bristol5

We will be returning to Porto Mari off the Crown Princess in a couple weeks. Taxis will take you there but it may be in the range of $40 each way. It is a very pretty beach with a pretty good beach bar/restaurant. I believe there is an admission charge of a few dollars per person. Loungers and umbrellas are available for rent but there aren't lots of them so best to arrive early. The beach is a bit rocky on entry but smooth sand a bit farther out. Snorkeling is pretty good, not great by Curacao standards but worth doing. All in all, it's worth going as it doesn't get as crowded as some of the places nearer the cruise port.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been there 3 times. There are car rental companies (two) at the port.

We drove to Porto Mari. It is heavenly. The water is crystal clear and shallow.

You can easily snorkel or just enjoy the beauty of the area.

We never saw it crowded and it was worth the drive.

If you go, you will love it.

• 1 month later...
︎ NautiX [emoji759]︎;55979593]Strange... We always paid an admission fee of $3 and $3.5 for a chair.

playa-porto-mari.jpg

Pretty sure I replied previously, I guess we have been very lucky and never in all the times we have gone there to have been asked for the admission charge. Previously had apologized for misinformation however my response is gone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Has anyone experienced this beach? What would be the best way to get to this beach? We will be arriving here in March 2018.

Have you visited this beach in the meanwhile?

We've been there twice. First time was more than 2 years ago and we loved it: clean, relaxed atmosphere, nice showers and the snorkeling was not the best, but still ok. Perfect for a relaxing beach day.

Second time was last month and we were surprised how dirty the beach was: the sand was full of cigarette butts (lots of smokers), bottle caps and other stuff. The 2 showers were unusable since they were full of wasps and they were quite aggressive. If you pay and admission fee, you would expect them to keep the beach and facilities clean, or at least cleaner than it was now.

We rented a car, so we decided to drive to other places more up in the Northwest: Playa Lagun, Kleine Knip and Playa Grandi (turtles!).

︎ NautiX [emoji759]︎;55979713]Have you visited this beach in the meanwhile?

We've been there twice. First time was more than 2 years ago and we loved it: clean, relaxed atmosphere, nice showers and the snorkeling was not the best, but still ok. Perfect for a relaxing beach day.

Second time was last month and we were surprised how dirty the beach was: the sand was full of cigarette butts (lots of smokers), bottle caps and other stuff. The 2 showers were unusable since they were full of wasps and they were quite aggressive. If you pay and admission fee, you would expect them to keep the beach and facilities clean, or at least cleaner than it was now.

We rented a car, so we decided to drive to other places more up in the Northwest: Playa Lagun, Kleine Knip and Playa Grandi (turtles!).

Did you find it was very crowded? We felt it has been very crowded in the last few months and are honestly not fans of the resident pigs (Yes real pigs) and haven't been back in over a month.

Did you find it was very crowded? We felt it has been very crowded in the last few months and are honestly not fans of the resident pigs (Yes real pigs) and haven't been back in over a month.

Last time we rented a car and went early in the morning, so the first part of the day was still ok. Later on, it became very crowdy, so we left. And yes, the pigs were there :D. For a part of the crowd - especially the children - it was the attraction of the day. The other part wasn't to happy with the pigs: as you know they're looking for food all the time and literally eat everything. So some good advice to future visitors: keep your bags closed at all time. I even saw one pig eat a pack of cigarettes and ripping a t-shirt... when people tried to push it away, the pig became pretty aggressive. So much for a relaxing day at the beach. ;)

Pretty sure I replied previously, I guess we have been very lucky and never in all the times we have gone there to have been asked for the admission charge. Previously had apologized for misinformation however my response is gone.

I think they only ask this fee when arriving early. They don't bother anymore in the afternoon, at least that is the impression we got.

︎ NautiX [emoji759]︎;55986532]Last time we rented a car and went early in the morning, so the first part of the day was still ok. Later on, it became very crowdy, so we left. And yes, the pigs were there :D. For a part of the crowd - especially the children - it was the attraction of the day. The other part wasn't to happy with the pigs: as you know they're looking for food all the time and literally eat everything. So some good advice to future visitors: keep your bags closed at all time. I even saw one pig eat a pack of cigarettes and ripping a t-shirt... when people tried to push it away, the pig became pretty aggressive. So much for a relaxing day at the beach. ;)
Exactly why we don't like this beach anymore.

︎ NautiX [emoji759]︎;55986536]I think they only ask this fee when arriving early. They don't bother anymore in the afternoon, at least that is the impression we got.
That is probably why we had never been charged. We tended to go later in the day and since we live here, don't look for signs anymore.