Pacific Star Photos

Captain Rhone

Thank you Captain Rhone; they are great photos. As I said in another post, the ship needs a bit of a clean up after the voyage from Italy.

I must say that I find the "Extension" they added to the stern during the change from "Costa Tropicale" to "Pacific Star" rather ugly. :( Does anyone know the reason for this addition?

EDIT: Changed names of ships from abbreviated form to full names in case some people where unaware of the ships in question. (lias)

I thought the rear extension was to increase the size of the Promenade Deck. P&O have done it to all 3 Pacifics though Sky's is probably the most integrated looking of the three and the big rear Promenade on Sky is a great place to be on lazy sea days.

Lias

They also did the same to the Pacific Sun when it was converted from the 'Jubilee' apparently it improves the stability of the ship but does nothing for the appearance.

It gives a whole new meaning to the term "Butt Ugly" :)

None of the ships (Sky, Sun or Star) have had their Promenade Decks extended in any way, shape or form.

When the Sky Princess was converted to the Pacific Sky, the promenade deck was extended over the Childrens wading pool

sky was extended on pronenade and also at disco one deck higher as aussie like to have a bit of a dance outside.and so was fairstar p&o australia and sitmar have a history of extending their aft decks not sure if they did anything on fair princess i remember they used to put a floor over swimming pool at night

Archived