Carnival Spirit Class Aft Wrap-around Balcony

luvocean9

I am hoping that some of you that have had one of these coveted staterooms can answer a question or 2. Do you experience a lot of wind from these balconies? Any more than a balcony on the side of the ship? The reason I ask is that we have one booked on a December 1, 2006 cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I am wondering how much we will be able to use it on a winter cruise leaving San Diego. We will have 4 days at sea (2 SD to Mex; 2 Mex to SD) and I am picturing us spending lots of time on that balcony. Should I bring the electric blanket and an extension cord? :D

I had one a wrap-a-round balcony on the Pride in May 2004. There is less wind on the rear facing portion of the balcony (which is also the biggest portion of the balcony) then on the side facing balconies. The entire ship blocks the wind from the front. Since the ship is moving at 20+ knots, if there was a 20 knot tail wind, you would not feel it.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like we should be able to find a spot on that balcony where it is not too cold/windy. Once in Mexico, it shouldn't matter. I really like my sea days though and look forward to spending them on the grand balcony. What a view it must be from the back of the ship!

Thanks for the pictures. Ahhhhh, how will I endure the wait? It looks like the Pride has most of the balcony on the side and the Legend has most of the balcony aft. I believe the Spirit is more like the Legend. Nice for families though that the Legend sleeps more than two.

I believe that the Spirit is due some down time early 2007. Hope she isn't too shabby. Both of the these ships look ship shape.

Archived