C&A Question

My wife and I are taking a cruise in October that will result in us moving to Diamond. I am considering going solo the week before in a suite so will turn Diamond at the end of it. My wife however will not be until the end of the second week. How does status with couples work?

My wife and I are taking a cruise in October that will result in us moving to Diamond. I am considering going solo the week before in a suite so will turn Diamond at the end of it. My wife however will not be until the end of the second week. How does status with couples work?

Each person gets the effect of whoever has the highest number of points.

I presume you are talking some sort of back to back? If so, in order to get your points awarded and Diamond status updated that quickly, you will need to see the loyalty ambassador either before the end of that first cruise or day 1 of the second cruise so they can ensure your status is updated and you both get the Diamond benefits.

Also, make sure that you are actually linked together in their system. My husband and I were not - even though we had the same address - and luckily someone at RCCL caught it because he was showing as Gold and me as Diamond (I've been on more than him). After they "linked" us, his status automatically updated to Diamond.