First Time in St. Thomas

jbohannon45664

My wife and I will be in St. Thomas in June for our honeymoon. This is our first trip to St. Thomas and would like to catch a few of the sights while we are there and also enjoy a few hours of beach time. Any suggestions.? We have seen Magen’s Bay everywhere, but were wondering if it is worth it. We like to snorkel some, so are there better options that are just as beautiful as Magen’s? Thanks for the help.

Not much snorkeling at Magen's Bay. Sapphire Beach is a good place to snorkel and the views are beautiful.

St. John beaches are beautiful, but if you only have a few hours, it may not be worth it. Taxi to Red Hook, ferry to St. John, then walk to beach, plus the same in reverse. IMO it is too much travel time and not enough beach time.

Having been to St. Thomas both on cruise stops and land vacations I can say that if you enjoy snorkeling then Meagan's Bay is not for you. I have been to Coki beach (right besides where Coral World is located) and to Sapphire Beach. What I fund was Coki to be more about the fish. There are lots and lots of them and if you happen to have a dog biscuit around (or ask any of the vendors as ridiculous as it may sound). The fish will literally eat out of your hands. It's a very fun experience! Sapphire was more about sea vegetation and some fish but no in numbers like at Coki. I had to swim out more at Sapphire to get to see more interesting things than in Coki. Both beaches are beautiful but the sights around Sapphire are better.

There have been other beaches mentioned like Secret Harbor but I have not made it to any others........yet!! There are some pictures of both beaches (underwater ones too) in my Carnival Liberty and Fascination reviews in my signature (shameless plug, I know...LOL)