Holland House for the day?

WLmomma

Wondering if anyone has spent the day at Holland House and reserved chairs/umbrellas? Is the beach good for swimming? Is it kid friendly ( 8 & 11)? Is it close to shopping? Showers available? Thank you!!!

Wondering if anyone has spent the day at Holland House and reserved chairs/umbrellas? Is the beach good for swimming? Is it kid friendly ( 8 & 11)? Is it close to shopping? Showers available? Thank you!!!

Yes, yes and yes! We were just there in Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't been in the water here since 2006 ( I don't think that the water is consistently "good for swimming" but I do like the boardwalk and the restaurant at the Holland House called the Ocean Lounge. Lots of shopping on the boardwalk and on Front Street which is the next street over. If by kid friendly you mean "no nudity" then I would say that I have been on the boardwalk dozens of time without seeing any nudity.

• 3 months later...
Haven't been in the water here since 2006 ( I don't think that the water is consistently "good for swimming" but I do like the boardwalk and the restaurant at the Holland House called the Ocean Lounge. Lots of shopping on the boardwalk and on Front Street which is the next street over. If by kid friendly you mean "no nudity" then I would say that I have been on the boardwalk dozens of time without seeing any nudity.

What makes the water of Great Bay not "good for swimming?"