Traditional Dining vs Anytime Dining

Mimi0810

Just came off Regal on Sunday with AT dining. Most nights we went at 730 and got to seats within 10 mins. One evening we arrived at 650, was given a pager and waited for 45 mins before we went to another DR for dinner. Pager went off at 55 mins. Paxs with reservations make for unpleasant situations for others.

Whether or not it would make a difference to you it makes a great deal of difference to me. What especially bothers me is being guaranteed one time and then being given a different time. That is extremely unprofessional. I have been called many things that are not at all complimentary but the one that will never fail to provoke a strong response from me is to be called a liar. I have almost as strong a response when someone lies to me. Princess should not lie to their customers. Period.

Never had a problem with the time but in Dec. on the royal I booked a table for 6, 7 months in advance. When we got to dinner it was a table for 10 and everyone had reserved a table for 6. With 10 people it was very slow and we were in there so long we missed a show one night. This time when we leave on the Regal I will check as soon as we arrive on board.

That's great you got a call back! I am also thinking about switching from my TD that is confirmed as 5:45 on my personalizer for an Alaskan Cruise this June on the Coral.

5:45 would be great - but 5:15, as it often is reported being in reality, is not so great.

Anyone who has done Anytime on the Coral in Alaska - how long is the wait for Anytime without a reservation? I hear it is stacked around 7??

We were on the Coral in Alaska last summer and did AT. We enjoy the flexibility as well. There certainly was a wait during the 6-7:30 period. Pagers were given out so we could walk over to bar and have a drink while we waited. There was conflicting information about reservations during that cruise in the AT. I made several attempts to make reservations without success. Seems like the only times available were after 8pm, not interested in eating that late. It's a wonderful cruise and we LOVE the Coral. Our favorite ship so far. The Promenade deck is our favorite hangout -- frequently saw whales, porpoises from the aft deck. Enjoy!

Never had a problem with the time but in Dec. on the royal I booked a table for 6, 7 months in advance. When we got to dinner it was a table for 10 and everyone had reserved a table for 6. With 10 people it was very slow and we were in there so long we missed a show one night. This time when we leave on the Regal I will check as soon as we arrive on board.

Those tables for 10 are noted for being extremely slow...especially if it's all one large family.

Not for me.