Cave tubing questions...

Smati

On our New Years Eve cruise we are stopping at Belize and considering the cavetubing as an excursion. I have heard great reviews and my husband would love to try this. My problem is that i am not a very good swimmer and am a little anxious about this excursion. Can anyonen give me any ideas of what to expect as to depth of water, etc?

Thanks!

the depth of the water varies on the trip from very shallow(only a few inches) to deep could be up 6 ft in some areas. We went with caving-tubing.com, and I recommed using them instead of going with the ship. They were very knowlegalbe about the rainforest and the caves. Also the tubes do have life vest attached to them for you to use if it makes you feel more comfortable. When we went our tour guides never left our sides, so you should not worry to much about being a novice swimmer. be sure to bring water shoes, and camera's (we could have used more than 1 disposable camera).

There was no swimming involved, and with your life jacket, you are completely safe. I only got wet up to my waist, and that was crossing the river on the hike and you're holding on to a rope anyways. I would not recommend going with the ship if you're scared of the water though. They don't have enough guides and leave you behind. We saw a lady in her tube slam into a rock and people from the cruiseships were trying to latch on to us because we were "chained" and had our own guide. Go with cave-tubing.com and you'll be fine.

I second the motion with cave-tubing.com and Yhoni. I went with them just a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Do not worry about swimming, with Yhoni they take very good care of you and have a life vest for you to use if you so choose. Also, Yhoni links everyone in a chain style fashion and keeps a very close eye on everyone. This tour was a lot of fun.:D

Archived