MSC Fantasia

Cake3561

I am due to join Fantasia with a family of 6 at the end of March. Having recently read some of the reviews of this ship, I am now slightly dreading our 2 week cruise and worrying about all the negative comments that are on here. Is there anyone who has sailed on this ship with any positive stories to slightly put my mind at ease?

Thank you

Just returned from Fantasia after two weeks having joined on 27th February and we had a great time as a group of 3 married couples. The food was really good, especially in the restaurants, where we mainly ate as we found the buffet to be a bit of a 'scrum'. The entertainment was very good with very visual music and dancing shows in the theatre and a variety of different music available in the bars. The drinks package is excellent value and the Caribbean itinerary visits some good places.

If you go with an open mind I am sure that you will love it but speaking to some Brits, they were disappointed that it wasn't like P and O or Royal Caribbean and had lots of passengers and was very 'foreign'. Also, be aware that it will embark and disembark lots of guests at intermediate stops, especially Guadeloupe and Martinique, and that they will be, gasp! horror! foreigners!

The ship is great and quite spectacular, the cabins are spacious and it is a very clean ship. The staff are friendly but, in common with most cruise ships, not native English speakers and some are easier to understand than others.

I don't like the repetitive announcements in four or five languages, the disruption of lifeboat drills for new guests every day or so, the lack of logic to some things that happen on board, the repeat visits to some ports and other minor inconsistencies but you're on holiday so go with the flow.

It can't be too bad as this was my fifth MSC cruise and another is booked for next year, but I am also lucky enough to have had another 25 cruises with many different lines under my belt so I am not too 'brand loyal'.

I hope that this reassures you and you all have a great time, after all, it is your holiday!

Rob

Thank you for your response. It has settled my mind. As you say if you focus on the minor irritations then can end up spoiling your own holiday!

I shall be packing my bags this weekend and look forward to a glass of wine on board!! Cheers

Cheers to you Cake!

I forgot to mention that the house wine, well the red anyway, isn't the best I've ever tried! But the second glass is better than the first, and the third is better.......

you get my drift!

Enjoy yourselves.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
I am due to join Fantasia with a family of 6 at the end of March. Having recently read some of the reviews of this ship, I am now slightly dreading our 2 week cruise and worrying about all the negative comments that are on here. Is there anyone who has sailed on this ship with any positive stories to slightly put my mind at ease?

Thank you

Here's one positive aspect of MSC cruises, but you need to hurry, the deadline for registration is fast approaching. This is a post from my May 27, Fantasia Roll Call:

For those who are new to MSC cruises, they have a fairly unique program called status match. You can submit your existing company rewards information to them to get similar status with MSC Voyagers Club. This is my first MSC cruise, and I was able to get Gold status already. Here's a link to more information:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...h-Program.aspx