Port Canveral Shore Excursion Question

skid10

I didn't see a Port Canaveral Port of Call Forum so hopefully someone here has been on the "Airboat Adventure Lone Cabbage Style" excursion through RCCL in Port Canaveral. It lists it as "moderate" activity, which in their definition says may include long periods of walking on uneven surfaces, etc.

The description of the excursion (below) doesn't give us the impression that it would really be all that strenuous. Can anyone with experience on this excursion please let us know? Thanks!

Wildlife and nature-enthusiasts will enjoy this adventurous airboat journey into Florida’s natural swamps. Skim across the grassy marsh at speeds of nearly 40 miles per hour and fly over wide-open lakes. Your airboat navigates places other watercraft can’t go. You’ll experience parts of Florida that are hard to access! The airboat twists and turns through the calm dark waters of the narrow channels, eases into dense swamps, and darts through fields of water hyacinths. Your eco-guide boat captain will slow down to point out wildlife and allow you a chance to capture photos. Watch as alligators lurk in the wetlands and gracefully swerve their bodies into the water; soaring eagles float and dive in the sky; wading birds bathe, and wild hogs scramble. Your airboat comes within feet of them. Your tour then heads to an old-style, rustic Florida Fish Camp nestled on the banks of St. Jones River. Here you will see a wildlife presentation and learn about conservation efforts. Next, get a taste of some alligator jerky and listen as the live country music band plays. PC06

Edited by skid10

I don't know about the Cruise line excursion, but I live about 15 minutes from Lone Cabbage Fish Camp and the getting in/ out of airboat is not strenuous. Maybe they think the bumps, twists and turns are strenuous.

I don't know about the Cruise line excursion, but I live about 15 minutes from Lone Cabbage Fish Camp and the getting in/ out of airboat is not strenuous. Maybe they think the bumps, twists and turns are strenuous.

Thank you so much.

You will get jostled around a good bit at high speed... Airboat rides are exhilirating fun! If you're lucky you may also see a rocket launch from the cape. SpaceX and ULA have gotten pretty busy lately and sending a bunch up. Check their website for launch dates.

You will get jostled around a good bit at high speed... Airboat rides are exhilirating fun! If you're lucky you may also see a rocket launch from the cape. SpaceX and ULA have gotten pretty busy lately and sending a bunch up. Check their website for launch dates.

Thank you, Sailor Jeff.

I had lunch out there the other day. I think what they're talking about the walk is where the bus will have to park. It depends on how many cars are in the parking lot as to where the buses will park. You might have to walk a couple hundred feet. The buses can't pull up to the front door the building is right on the river. There are a lot of people take the airboat ride then have something to eat afterwards.

I had lunch out there the other day. I think what they're talking about the walk is where the bus will have to park. It depends on how many cars are in the parking lot as to where the buses will park. You might have to walk a couple hundred feet. The buses can't pull up to the front door the building is right on the river. There are a lot of people take the airboat ride then have something to eat afterwards.

Thanks CocoaKen!