The Prohibition Event on Oasis

Hi friends. On the Oasis in June. Has anyone done the prohibition themed party for $35? We enjoy fun cocktails, speakeasy throwback stuff...totally going in to this understanding this isn’t Bourbon & Branch in San Fran, etc, etc.... But was it kitschy fun and worth it, drinks any better than all the regular bars? Or just use our drink package and go listen to live music around the boat [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on Oasis on May 20th and are going to the Prohibition Party. Its our first time so we are hoping it will be fun. I will post about it after we return. Hopefully someone will post something before we go also. :)

My wife and I did the prohibition party, the best part was dressing up in 1920’s attire. My wife went as a flapper and I has a Chicago gangster. Had a good time walking the promenade and getting our pictures taken by the sports car. The event itself was actually a little corny, but still kinda fun. It was a different way to spend an evening. So yes, it’s worth it if you get into the spirit of the event.. The best part now is looking at the pictures, all dressed up in our 20’s fashions.

• 1 year later...

We did it in April of last year, lots of people dressing up and the drinks flowed freely. They were too sweet for my taste so I just nursed one, no way to get anything else unless you carried one in with you. There were some type of food available but we didn't go up to see what was offered.  The show it self was funny and entertaining.

3 hours ago, crilski said:

Do you know about this event ahead of time?  Is it listed in the Cruise Planner under activities?  Seems in order to dress the part, that would be good to know ahead of time.

Yes, if it is going to be held on your cruise, it will show up in the cruise planner.