what is reality: Carnival vs RC vs Celebrity vs etc

tuna hp

While they carry alot of people, wait until the new RCL ship comes out. It is supposed to carry twice the amount of people and take up two births when it docks. That is what we were told when we disembarked on Explorer of the Seas. All the porters see ahead is a nightmare when it comes to disembarking. Which I think was not as smooth as Carnival's.

Have a happy new year.

The new Freedom will be larger but it will it will not carry twice the number of passengers.

Freedom = 160,000 tons and will carry 3634 passengers.

Carnival Liberty = 110,000 tons and carries 2974 passengers.

Carnival actually has a MUCH smaller passenger to space ratio compared to the Freedom. You only have a difference of 660 passengers between the two ships but one is 50,000 tons larger.

It will not take up two births when it docks. Ships don't have babies.

No need to be nasty, Cuizer2. Whether it was simply a fat-finger on the keyboard - or the poster didn't know the correct spelling - we all knew what the poster meant.

No need to be nasty, Cuizer2. Whether it was simply a fat-finger on the keyboard - or the poster didn't know the correct spelling - we all knew what the poster meant.

I was not trying to be nasty. I was trying to be funny. Apparently I did not succeed. Perhaps I should have put a :) after my post.

If you believe my post was offensive, I apologize, that was not my intent.

I was not trying to be nasty. I was trying to be funny. Apparently I did not succeed. Perhaps I should have put a :) after my post.

If you believe my post was offensive, I apologize, that was not my intent.

I thought it was funny. :)

I thought it was funny. :)

Thank you. Two people did it to me when I misspelled super as supper. So I ended up with a Supper Shuttle (they wanted to know if dinner was served). I thought it was funny when it was done to me.

Hi

We just returned from the Dec 18 sailing on the Carnival Pride. We hadn't sailed Carnival for about 10 years and we were pleasantly surprised by the Pride. While the decor was IMHO over the top, the service and cruise experiance more than made up for it. We had a group of 14 ranging in age from 2 to 70 and there was something for everyone. Was it my favorite ship? No that was the Island Princess which is the prettiest ship I have ever been on. I do love the quality and service on Princess but for the 20 somethings in our group Princess would have been a little dull. For DH and I Princess has been the best so far and while it may be a little more expensive we felt like it was worth it. We have sailed RC 2 times and while we had fun I felt like the ships were crowded. The Adventure OS was very nice and the adult pool area was beautiful there were just too many people on that ship. I did notice more drunk people on the RC ships than on Carnival this time and the atmosphere on the Pride was fun but certainly not wild. Overall I was really happy with Carnival and I wouldn't hesitate to take another cruise with them.

A cruise is as much fun as you make it and i have enjoyed each one I have been on. It's my favorite way to vacation.

Archived