Another On Board Credit Question?

We have been on several Royal cruises and have always received the advertised OBC for our cabin when booking. All of our cruises were booked prior to the refundable/non-refundable deposit except the latest one we booked for December 2019. This particular cruise is the first time I'm using a TA as it's part of a group. Since the cruise is so far in the future, we booked with a refundable deposit.

The Royal Caribbean page advertised an OBC of $100. When I mentioned this to the TA, she said the $100 is for non-refundable only and for a refundable deposit the OBC is only $50. I was really surprised to be told this information. (She is kicking in another $25 for a total of $75 OBC)

Has the OBC changed per refundable and non-refundable deposit? Has anyone else run across this? What has your experience been?

We have been on several Royal cruises and have always received the advertised OBC for our cabin when booking. All of our cruises were booked prior to the refundable/non-refundable deposit except the latest one we booked for December 2019. This particular cruise is the first time I'm using a TA as it's part of a group. Since the cruise is so far in the future, we booked with a refundable deposit.

The Royal Caribbean page advertised an OBC of $100. When I mentioned this to the TA, she said the $100 is for non-refundable only and for a refundable deposit the OBC is only $50. I was really surprised to be told this information. (She is kicking in another $25 for a total of $75 OBC)

Has the OBC changed per refundable and non-refundable deposit? Has anyone else run across this? What has your experience been?

Yes it is differnet obc for refundable and non refundable. Non refundable usually gets more obc.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We were on the Grandeur about a month ago and went to the future cruise desk with some of the offers they bombard you with. Up to $600 OBC with a future booking. What they do not tell you until you ask is that the max OBC is with those non refundable deposits. You want to leave a refundable deposit, expect your OBC to be cut in half.

Cheers

Len

We went to the next cruise desk on Vision with every intention of booking.

So many different rules for non refundable Vs refundable, Suites Vs non Suites. The OBC was straight forward enough but the contradictory rules for changes and transferring to an agent were so confusing we decided to wait and do it like we always do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the rules have changed. The OBC is different for refundable and non-refundable deposits. Also Suites are non-refundable only now (not JS). The upside is that the OBC, if through RCI is able to be used before you board if you choose to do so. If through a TA as a perk it still has to be used after you board.