Switching cabins with family members

isuisucyclone

I have a question. We have 5 family members going on the cruise. We booked 2 balcony rooms connected by the balcony because conjoining rooms were sold out. Two of us are in one room together because we knew we wanted to purchase the "Cheers package". The other 3 did not. Will one of the other girls still be able to sleep in our room at night (the others snore ;)) I didn't know if they would allow her in our room due to the drink package.

We have five in our family also and usually have to take my parents along to cruise with us cause it makes it easier and cheaper to book rooms... that being said, there will only be enough life jackets in the room that each person is booked in but we always switch kids around and sometimes have more in our room than my parents do. My parents usually just book and interior and we choose at least an ocean view. So of course the kids like our room better. They won’t tell you no... but if you say something to the cabin steward he will maybe cringe a little and tell you that you shouldn’t do it. Usually we are able to get an extra life jacket in both rooms, just in case.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will jump in before the cheater police jump in.... yes, it is done all the time, once onboard you can go to guest services (everyone must be present) and get a key card (it will be a separate card from the sign and sail so they will have to carry 2 cards) for whichever room they want to sleep in. Keep in mind, the new room must be able to accommodate 3 people...

I will jump in before the cheater police jump in.... yes, it is done all the time, once onboard you can go to guest services (everyone must be present) and get a key card (it will be a separate card from the sign and sail so they will have to carry 2 cards) for whichever room they want to sleep in. Keep in mind, the new room must be able to accommodate 3 people...

I believe you can just adjust peoples cabins and everyone will get one key that is for their new cabin and toss the old ones.

Not sure though if having cheers will affect this though.

You do NOT have to have 2 keys to carry. We book 2 rooms when we travel with my elderly, disabled parents. My husband and I are Platinum, they are not, so we book one room with my husband and mother together, and the other with my dad and I together. This way we can all board together early.

When we get on board, my mother and I simply go to guest services and tell them we are switching rooms and ask them to fix our sail and sign cards. They issue a new sail and sign card for each of us for the correct room. Easy peasy.. one card, all good.

Now if you want that person to have access to both rooms on their own, then you can just ask them to issue a new door only key for the room they are sleeping in and they will carry both, but only one will work as their sail and sign - and you need to make sure they use that correct one when getting on and off the ship etc.