Viking Homelands Viking Village of Gudvangen (Eidfjord) Excursion

CruisingCattie

Has anyone done the Viking Village of Gudvangen as an excursion from Eidfjord? It sounds like it could be fun and informative or kind of cheesy ;p. Anyone done this or is it a new option for Viking?

What were your favorite Viking provided Homelands (included or fee based) excursions?

Has anyone done the Viking Village of Gudvangen as an excursion from Eidfjord? It sounds like it could be fun and informative or kind of cheesy ;p. Anyone done this or is it a new option for Viking?

What were your favorite Viking provided Homelands (included or fee based) excursions?

I’m also anxious to hear comments of this excursion since we have it booked! Trip Advisor reviews are very good! We also booked A Day In The Life of A Viking from Aalborg.

I’m also anxious to hear comments of this excursion since we have it booked! Trip Advisor reviews are very good! We also booked A Day In The Life of A Viking from Aalborg.

We are booked on the Aalborg excursion too. My family are from Denmark so I am looking forward to learning more about my viking heritage.

I found the Roskilde Viking Ship Museum

to be a great Viking tour

I went there a number of years ago (not as part of a cruise) and yes, it is a very cool place. The ships are not as intact as the one in Oslo but there are more ships. It is a facinating museum. I believe a visit to the cathedral in Roskilde is included on the tour. It is a lovely cathedral.

One of the best Homelands cruise excursions we had was the Soviet Flashback tour in Tallinn. A great time on an original Soviet bus with a guide giving a very honest picture of life under Soviet rule. A tour not to be missed.