Which Restaurants are okay?

danyelle

Hi,

I got these items from a list that some fantastic person here (sorry i forget who..) linked me to. My question is, which of these restaurants below are still up and running and doing okay after the hurricanes?? We'll be in coz next week.

Also, where's the best ceviche??

Thanks!!

**La Choza – Corner of Av. 10 and Adolpho Rosada Salas - Shrimp Chile Relleno or fajitas

**Sonora Grill – Corner of Av. 15 and Benito Juarez - Tortilla soup, seafood soup, Garlic shrimp, sonora shrimp

**El Moro – back in the hood (by my house …just tell the taxi driver the name of the restaurant - I LOVE this place. Consomme de Moro, Shrimp on a wire, Mole Enchiladas

*Chilangos – Av. 10 between Calle 11 and Calle 15 - lunch only - daily special

*Los Seras – Corner of Av. 30 and Calle 3 - dinner only - tacos al pastor with

*Camilo’s – one of my very favorites! Seafood tacos and tortas

Av 5 between Calle 2 and Calle 4 - Shrimp tacos or tortas

**** Guido’s – Main waterfront between Calle 6 and Calle 8 - closed Sundays - Calzones or daily seafood special, Beef or wahoo carpaccio w/hot sauce, garlic bread - and EXCELLENT Sangria!

***Especias – Corner of Av. 10 and Calle 5 - don't miss this place - Thai shrimp special or cilantro chicken or fish

**Casa Denis - just off the main square between Av. 5 and Av. 10 - if you can find the square, ask anyone where Casa Denis is and they'll be able to show you - Enchiladas Suizas, Avocado soup

****Mesa 17 - Calle 17 between Av. 20 and Av. 25, where La Cocay used to be - Outstanding! mnu changes, so just trust the chef - Blue Cheese and Pear Salad is to die for

***Prima - Corner of Av. 5 and Adolpho Rosada Salas - upstairs - Lobster ravioli, steak/lobster, Lobster Diabla

*La Mission on 30th - NOT the one downtown and NOT Casa Mission back on 50th. Those are both tourist traps, but The Mission on 30th between Calle 2 and Calle 4 is great for tacos and basic Mexican food

Hi,

I got these items from a list that some fantastic person here (sorry i forget who..) linked me to. My question is, which of these restaurants below are still up and running and doing okay after the hurricanes?? We'll be in coz next week.

Also, where's the best ceviche??

Thanks!!

**La Choza – Corner of Av. 10 and Adolpho Rosada Salas - Shrimp Chile Relleno or fajitas

**Sonora Grill – Corner of Av. 15 and Benito Juarez - Tortilla soup, seafood soup, Garlic shrimp, sonora shrimp

**El Moro – back in the hood (by my house …just tell the taxi driver the name of the restaurant - I LOVE this place. Consomme de Moro, Shrimp on a wire, Mole Enchiladas

*Chilangos – Av. 10 between Calle 11 and Calle 15 - lunch only - daily special

*Los Seras – Corner of Av. 30 and Calle 3 - dinner only - tacos al pastor with

*Camilo’s – one of my very favorites! Seafood tacos and tortas

Av 5 between Calle 2 and Calle 4 - Shrimp tacos or tortas

**** Guido’s – Main waterfront between Calle 6 and Calle 8 - closed Sundays - Calzones or daily seafood special, Beef or wahoo carpaccio w/hot sauce, garlic bread - and EXCELLENT Sangria!

**Casa Denis - just off the main square between Av. 5 and Av. 10 - if you can find the square, ask anyone where Casa Denis is and they'll be able to show you - Enchiladas Suizas, Avocado soup

***Prima - Corner of Av. 5 and Adolpho Rosada Salas - upstairs - Lobster ravioli, steak/lobster, Lobster Diabla

*La Mission on 30th - NOT the one downtown and NOT Casa Mission back on 50th. Those are both tourist traps, but The Mission on 30th between Calle 2 and Calle 4 is great for tacos and basic Mexican food

I posted that list. I got it from a friend that owns/operates a dive shop in Cozumel. I removed the ones that aren't open right now. Especias will reopen in a new location and Mesa 17 won't reopen. I highlighted the 3 places on this list we ate at last week. Camilo's would be my choice for ceviche. It is pretty close to the Plaza, so it would be an easy walk. You could also easily walk to the other two I noted on the list. One restaurant that isn't on the list that does have excellent ceviche is La Conchita del Caribe. It is on 65th Ave between calle 21 and 23. You'd have to take a taxi there.

hope this helps,

Bruce

Archived