Requesting info on Hemingways

bostonfred

hi, looks like we will try Hemingway’s. .....does the Public bus go there or are we better off using a cab....just want a quiet beach day, want to swim and have a few beers, would like a lounger also...has anyone been there and can recommended it.....thanks😉😉

Hemingway's is at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites (former Hyatt), at 747 West Bay Rd. That is a bit further than Royal Palms, but not as far as Seven Mile Beach Public Beach. All Public Buses with a West Bay route will pass right by the location. Should be CI$2 (US$2.50) per person, each way. Cross the road to catch the bus back towards the bus depot downtown.

The beach frontage is a little narrow there, so lounge chairs were packed a bit close together last time I was there. Don't recall price of umbrellas or lounge chairs.

Since I was last there the menu was updated to reflect an Asian fusion theme (sushi!!), so perhaps another poster will have comments on the current fare. I have always been very pleased with the food, though prices were high enough that it was more of a special occasion place rather than everyday dining for me. GOOD, but worth it and one of my choices when I could treat myself. I don't recall a minimum spend, but I could easily spend CI$40 (US$50) or more on a nice meal for one. More with wine.

Trivia tidbit. This location was used in the filming of the movie The Firm (based on John Grisham novel) back in 1993.

My daughter will be getting married on this beach on April 18th ! I am so excited, the pictures look beautiful.

We are coming in on the Vista and have hired a private wedding planner to look after the details of the day:hearteyes:

Sandy beach. Drops from knee deep to chin deep sharpyl and quite near shore. Water is usually relatively calm as it is all along Seven MIle Beach. And water is clear and warm, though perhaps a little cloudiness right at shore where sand gets stirred up - depends if there is a little wave action or not..

Just returned from GC and we went to Hemingway's, very nice place for relaxing.

we arrived at 8 ship time and the bar does not open until 10 am local time and kitchen 11 am.

Did you have priority tendering or FTTF in order to make it there by 8 am?