In stateroom purchases

gigi65

"In addition to food items, beverages from the bar may be ordered through room service including liquor and wine by the bottle, which is limited to two bottles per day and must be consumed in the guest's stateroom."

"In addition to food items, beverages from the bar may be ordered through room service including liquor and wine by the bottle, which is limited to two bottles per day and must be consumed in the guest's stateroom."

This is correct!:) The prices are still the same as the prices you pay online. And now, I think they add 15% tip to the tab, same as online.

So tipping the person who delivers it to your cabin is "optional", although, like the bars...purely your choice!

You can order it from room service, bear in mind that you have to be present in the room when it is delivered to sign for it. They won't just leave it in your room like they do when you pre-order.

Take any mixers desired with you and a large sippy cup (I recommend the insulated ones with the rubbery straw). That way you can fill up in your room and take your cup with you. I've done this many cruises and never even had a sideways glance. Enjoy your cruise!

They are expensive but the bottles you get are the large bottles and when you do a price comparison of how many shots are in the bottle vs. how much it would cost to purchase that same number of drinks - you do come out ahead.

Thanks . I was referring to a bottle of alcohol. Hubby asked if we changed our mind and wanted to order the bottle after we are on board- could we? just didn't know if it was only prior to leaving.

Yes- It is grossly overpriced - this is our first time of Carnival. We are not buying a drink package because I don't drink . On RCI- it could be only for one person. That changed in January but even then you could write a letter explaining reason you are unable to drink and they would allow only one person.

$110 for a $15 bottle of bourbon.

They only have 2 bourbons, Duke and Woodford Reserve. Neither are available anywhere NEAR $15 - especially not for the 1L size you get on board.

Oh, and neither is $110, either.

Duke is $105 for about $42 worth of retail value.

Woodford is also $105, for about $48 worth of retail value.

There is no "$15 bottle of bourbon" in the Funshops.